Back up data onto another computer

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I want to back up my data files from my main PC onto my laptop. Can I do this with some type of cable which would allow my laptop to see the files on my main PC?
Thank you
Bob

"Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to back up my data files from my main PC onto my laptop. Can I do
this with some type of cable which would allow my laptop to see the files on
my main PC?
> Thank you
> Bob

You certainly can. It's called a network cable. In your case, if you wish to
connect two PCs directly, without a hub in between, you need a "Crossover
CAT5 cable", plus one network adapter in each PC.