CS Always starts local game server?!!

Hi,

When I double click on CS from the 'My Games' list on the desktop, it
launches CS but always starts a local game server! Also, if I'm
browsing my favourite servers and double click to join one - it will
STILL try to start a local game server first. I have to cancel the
local game server and then double click on my chosen server to finally
enter the game. Any ideas what's causing this behaviour?

The only thing that I thought might be suspect; I'm using Omega Radeon
drivers and I created a few 'radlinks' for CS, HL2 etc. I have checked
the shortcuts for these and they don't have any parameters added which
would launch a local game server.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

FrankyG
4 answers Last reply
More about starts local game server

    Bump

    Franky G wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > When I double click on CS from the 'My Games' list on the desktop, it
    > launches CS but always starts a local game server! Also, if I'm
    > browsing my favourite servers and double click to join one - it will
    > STILL try to start a local game server first. I have to cancel the
    > local game server and then double click on my chosen server to
    finally
    > enter the game. Any ideas what's causing this behaviour?
    >
    > The only thing that I thought might be suspect; I'm using Omega
    Radeon
    > drivers and I created a few 'radlinks' for CS, HL2 etc. I have
    checked
    > the shortcuts for these and they don't have any parameters added
    which
    > would launch a local game server.
    >
    > Any thoughts?
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > FrankyG

    Hi,

    do you have any Scriptpacks installed? I have the armory Source Pack
    installed, and have the same problem.

    Kind regards
    Franky

    --
    http://guru.wallerbach.de | g-u-r-u@despammed.com

    All I've done is put some buy scripts, but thats it!
    I'm sure there MUST be others out there with the same
    problem...c'mon..share! :-)

    Cheers

    "Frank Lewandowski" <g-u-r-u@despammed.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > do you have any Scriptpacks installed? I have the armory Source Pack
    > installed, and have the same problem.
    >
    > Kind regards
    > Franky
    >

    > --
    > http://guru.wallerbach.de | g-u-r-u@despammed.com
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    when u start a dedicated server, u can select in begin for LAN or INTERNET,
    select INTERNET.

    Jacco

    "FrankyG" <noone@ntlworld.com> schreef in bericht
    > All I've done is put some buy scripts, but thats it!
    > I'm sure there MUST be others out there with the same
    > problem...c'mon..share! :-)
    >
    > Cheers
    >

    > "Frank Lewandowski" <g-u-r-u@despammed.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> do you have any Scriptpacks installed? I have the armory Source Pack
    >> installed, and have the same problem.
    >>
    >> Kind regards
    >> Franky
    >>

    >> --