CS Always starts local game server?!!

Hi,

When I double click on CS from the 'My Games' list on the desktop, it
launches CS but always starts a local game server! Also, if I'm
browsing my favourite servers and double click to join one - it will
STILL try to start a local game server first. I have to cancel the
local game server and then double click on my chosen server to finally
enter the game. Any ideas what's causing this behaviour?

The only thing that I thought might be suspect; I'm using Omega Radeon
drivers and I created a few 'radlinks' for CS, HL2 etc. I have checked
the shortcuts for these and they don't have any parameters added which
would launch a local game server.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

FrankyG

Bump

Franky G wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I double click on CS from the 'My Games' list on the desktop, it
> launches CS but always starts a local game server! Also, if I'm
> browsing my favourite servers and double click to join one - it will
> STILL try to start a local game server first. I have to cancel the
> local game server and then double click on my chosen server to
finally
> enter the game. Any ideas what's causing this behaviour?
>
> The only thing that I thought might be suspect; I'm using Omega
Radeon
> drivers and I created a few 'radlinks' for CS, HL2 etc. I have
checked
> the shortcuts for these and they don't have any parameters added
which
> would launch a local game server.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Cheers,
>
> FrankyG

Hi,

do you have any Scriptpacks installed? I have the armory Source Pack
installed, and have the same problem.

Kind regards
Franky

--
http://guru.wallerbach.de | g-u-r-u@despammed.com

All I've done is put some buy scripts, but thats it!
I'm sure there MUST be others out there with the same
problem...c'mon..share! :)

Cheers

"Frank Lewandowski" <g-u-r-u@despammed.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> do you have any Scriptpacks installed? I have the armory Source Pack
> installed, and have the same problem.
>
> Kind regards
> Franky
>

> --
> http://guru.wallerbach.de | g-u-r-u@despammed.com

when u start a dedicated server, u can select in begin for LAN or INTERNET,
select INTERNET.

Jacco