IPX/SPX configures

I have a Windows XP and a Windows 98SE on a network over a WAN. Everything
works fine, internet sharing, file sharing, but I want IPX/SPX to work
between them. Do I need netware to do this? I have all the protocols
installed but it still don't work. I am trying to get games to work over this
protocol, and nothing else. I want to use IPX/SPX because all the DOS games
only know networks with IPX/SPX. I got a network game with netBIOS over
TCP/IP, but it moved to pixels per five minutes.
3 answers Last reply
More about configures

    You need to install Novell's Netware Client, on both systems. It's a free
    download, here:

    http://download.novell.com/pages/PublicSearch.jsp

    Bill Crocker

    "John Chain" <JohnChain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Windows XP and a Windows 98SE on a network over a WAN. Everything
    > works fine, internet sharing, file sharing, but I want IPX/SPX to work
    > between them. Do I need netware to do this? I have all the protocols
    > installed but it still don't work. I am trying to get games to work over
    > this
    > protocol, and nothing else. I want to use IPX/SPX because all the DOS
    > games
    > only know networks with IPX/SPX. I got a network game with netBIOS over
    > TCP/IP, but it moved to pixels per five minutes.

    I did download both of these, I put the win 95/98 one on my Win 98SE
    computer, and the Win XP SP2 one on the Win XP. Although when it asks for a
    server, context, or tree, i don't know what that is. What is my server? How
    do I find out? It can't be one with my IP address in it.

    "Bill Crocker" wrote:

    > You need to install Novell's Netware Client, on both systems. It's a free
    > download, here:
    >
    > http://download.novell.com/pages/PublicSearch.jsp
    >
    > Bill Crocker
    >

    > "John Chain" <JohnChain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have a Windows XP and a Windows 98SE on a network over a WAN. Everything
    > > works fine, internet sharing, file sharing, but I want IPX/SPX to work
    > > between them. Do I need netware to do this? I have all the protocols
    > > installed but it still don't work. I am trying to get games to work over
    > > this
    > > protocol, and nothing else. I want to use IPX/SPX because all the DOS
    > > games
    > > only know networks with IPX/SPX. I got a network game with netBIOS over
    > > TCP/IP, but it moved to pixels per five minutes.

    For the win 98 computer, do I just add the (non-downloaded) client "Client
    for Netware Networks" and just make that my primary logon instead of
    downloading the new one?

    Not only that, The one on Win XP gives you a choice between which protocols
    to use (IPX or IP), but the Win 98 one only gives me the option to go over
    IP.

    "John Chain" wrote:

    > I did download both of these, I put the win 95/98 one on my Win 98SE
    > computer, and the Win XP SP2 one on the Win XP. Although when it asks for a
    > server, context, or tree, i don't know what that is. What is my server? How
    > do I find out? It can't be one with my IP address in it.
    >

    > "Bill Crocker" wrote:
    >
    > > You need to install Novell's Netware Client, on both systems. It's a free
    > > download, here:
    > >
    > > http://download.novell.com/pages/PublicSearch.jsp
    > >
    > > Bill Crocker
    > >

    > > "John Chain" <JohnChain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > >I have a Windows XP and a Windows 98SE on a network over a WAN. Everything
    > > > works fine, internet sharing, file sharing, but I want IPX/SPX to work
    > > > between them. Do I need netware to do this? I have all the protocols
    > > > installed but it still don't work. I am trying to get games to work over
    > > > this
    > > > protocol, and nothing else. I want to use IPX/SPX because all the DOS
    > > > games
    > > > only know networks with IPX/SPX. I got a network game with netBIOS over
    > > > TCP/IP, but it moved to pixels per five minutes.

Games Wireless Networking