IPX/SPX configures

I have a Windows XP and a Windows 98SE on a network over a WAN. Everything
works fine, internet sharing, file sharing, but I want IPX/SPX to work
between them. Do I need netware to do this? I have all the protocols
installed but it still don't work. I am trying to get games to work over this
protocol, and nothing else. I want to use IPX/SPX because all the DOS games
only know networks with IPX/SPX. I got a network game with netBIOS over
TCP/IP, but it moved to pixels per five minutes.

You need to install Novell's Netware Client, on both systems. It's a free
download, here:

http://download.novell.com/pages/PublicSearch.jsp

Bill Crocker

"John Chain" <JohnChain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Windows XP and a Windows 98SE on a network over a WAN. Everything
> works fine, internet sharing, file sharing, but I want IPX/SPX to work
> between them. Do I need netware to do this? I have all the protocols
> installed but it still don't work. I am trying to get games to work over
> this
> protocol, and nothing else. I want to use IPX/SPX because all the DOS
> games
> only know networks with IPX/SPX. I got a network game with netBIOS over
> TCP/IP, but it moved to pixels per five minutes.

I did download both of these, I put the win 95/98 one on my Win 98SE
computer, and the Win XP SP2 one on the Win XP. Although when it asks for a
server, context, or tree, i don't know what that is. What is my server? How
do I find out? It can't be one with my IP address in it.

"Bill Crocker" wrote:

> You need to install Novell's Netware Client, on both systems. It's a free
> download, here:
>
> http://download.novell.com/pages/PublicSearch.jsp
>
> Bill Crocker
>

> "John Chain" <JohnChain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a Windows XP and a Windows 98SE on a network over a WAN. Everything
> > works fine, internet sharing, file sharing, but I want IPX/SPX to work
> > between them. Do I need netware to do this? I have all the protocols
> > installed but it still don't work. I am trying to get games to work over
> > this
> > protocol, and nothing else. I want to use IPX/SPX because all the DOS
> > games
> > only know networks with IPX/SPX. I got a network game with netBIOS over
> > TCP/IP, but it moved to pixels per five minutes.

For the win 98 computer, do I just add the (non-downloaded) client "Client
for Netware Networks" and just make that my primary logon instead of
downloading the new one?

Not only that, The one on Win XP gives you a choice between which protocols
to use (IPX or IP), but the Win 98 one only gives me the option to go over
IP.