atapi drives seen as scsi

I recently fitted a new hard drive but when I installed XP home edition it set my DVD Re-writer and my LITEON CDRW as SCSI drives instead of ATAPI drives. This is causing me problems as I don't have a SCSI interface and my burning software won't recognise my drives correctly. Is there any way I can change these settings?
My previous HD was 30Gb FAT32, the new one is 80Gb NTFS and both were Maxtor.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you are the motherboard built-in ATAPI/IED port or an add-on PCI ATA.
Or maybe you have use the RAID controller?

Only the built-in IDE ports will list the drives (amy type) as ATAPI/IDE.
The other contolloer will be trated as SCSI.