DVD drive not recognizing disc

I have installed a new dvd rom drive. pacific digital 16x-
cd 48x. I can view the drive under my conputer. I can
eject the drive. However when I put in a disc either a
DVD or CD the light goes on. Nothing happens. When I go
to either the Power DVD or in my computer and click into
the drive after a while it does insert disc in drive.
I have windows xp. Please help
1 answer Last reply
More about drive recognizing disc

    Judy try this. Did the drive come with XP drivers on a CD? If yes, did you
    install them?

    Rt click on MyComputer>select Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>Dvd/CDrom
    drives. rt click on
    your drive and choose Uninstall. Then click on IDE/ATAPI
    Controllers>Primary IDE Channel>Advanced
    Settings. Choose DMA for both options. Do the same for Secondary IDE
    Channel. Restart.

    "judy" <sccha1@aol.com> wrote in message
    > I have installed a new dvd rom drive. pacific digital 16x-
    > cd 48x. I can view the drive under my conputer. I can
    > eject the drive. However when I put in a disc either a
    > DVD or CD the light goes on. Nothing happens. When I go
    > to either the Power DVD or in my computer and click into
    > the drive after a while it does insert disc in drive.
    > I have windows xp. Please help

DVD Drives CD-Rom Windows XP