CPU Temp does not drop when idle again

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

I have a problem with the CPU temperature on my system: After some CPU
intensive tasks, the temperature does not revert to the one I had
initially when I leave the PC idle. In fact the Temperature stays at the
level it is at when the CPU activity is 100%.

My system:

Mobo: AK79G-1394 (Nforce-2)
CPU: Xp-2500 Barton @1.82Ghz (no overclocking)
1024MB RAM (2x512 MB DDR333 in dua channel config)
80GB Seagate HDD (IDE)
Zalman 300W Powe supply
Saphire Radeon 9600 256MB Video card
Windows XP pro

When I reboot the pc, the problem goes away. If I just log-off and on, it
is still there. I tried installing CPUidle t check the HLT activity on
the CPU, but it does not help (shows CPU is 95% idle). I suspect the bios
is the culprit here, but I do not know what to do next...

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks!

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

try different temp monitor programs eg speedfan, motherboard monitor,
an indoor/outdoor thermometer to see if it's really hot or a program
error.

On Mon, 31 May 2004 08:40:18 GMT, Laurent <vive_moi@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I have a problem with the CPU temperature on my system: After some CPU
>intensive tasks, the temperature does not revert to the one I had
>initially when I leave the PC idle. In fact the Temperature stays at the
>level it is at when the CPU activity is 100%.
>
>My system:
>
>Mobo: AK79G-1394 (Nforce-2)
>CPU: Xp-2500 Barton @1.82Ghz (no overclocking)
>1024MB RAM (2x512 MB DDR333 in dua channel config)
>80GB Seagate HDD (IDE)
>Zalman 300W Powe supply
>Saphire Radeon 9600 256MB Video card
>Windows XP pro
>
>When I reboot the pc, the problem goes away. If I just log-off and on, it
>is still there. I tried installing CPUidle t check the HLT activity on
>the CPU, but it does not help (shows CPU is 95% idle). I suspect the bios
>is the culprit here, but I do not know what to do next...
>
>Any idea what could be wrong?
>
>Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS