Only 1 of 2 speakers plays

April 18, 2004 4:21:02 PM

Hello! Just last night both of my speakers were working fine. Now, only one of the two speakers plays. I have already checked the wires, control panel --> audio, and pretty much everything I can think of, and I'm still puzzled. Whats even stranger is that the main speaker (one that is in charge of adjusting the volume) is the one that does not play, yet when I adjust the volume, the other speaker (the one that works) follows the command. I'm truely puzzled and need help.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

More about : speakers plays

Anonymous
April 18, 2004 9:28:07 PM

Silly suggestion, but anyway: did you plug the speakers connector till the
end?
If your CDROM drive has an audio jack, you can check the speakers plugging
them in it or in any other audio device such as a walkman or MP3 player. If
you have the headphones you can check the computer, indeed.
April 19, 2004 2:44:01 AM

is the balance even in volume controls?
"Femme_Fatale" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D CF8FF99-4B1B-4622-9F3E-D187AD92B663@microsoft.com...
> Hello! Just last night both of my speakers were working fine. Now, only
one of the two speakers plays. I have already checked the wires, control
panel --> audio, and pretty much everything I can think of, and I'm still
puzzled. Whats even stranger is that the main speaker (one that is in
charge of adjusting the volume) is the one that does not play, yet when I
adjust the volume, the other speaker (the one that works) follows the
command. I'm truely puzzled and need help.

> Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
April 19, 2004 2:44:02 AM

Yes the balance is even
April 19, 2004 4:18:30 AM

hmm.....try this - with something playing try to insert and kinda twiddle
the connector to the pc. i think it happened to me once. it was the
connector that was kinda screwy and i had to adjust it as it. see if that
works....maybe that might not be the problem at all. if i think of anything
else, i will post it.
> Yes the balance is even
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 4:18:31 AM

Did you check the wire leading to the speaker that wasn't
working?

wrote in message
2154D6BE6564@microsoft.com...
>> Yes the balance is even
>

>.

Anonymous
April 19, 2004 2:31:04 PM

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately it doesn't work :/
----- Maximus wrote: -----

hmm.....try this - with something playing try to insert and kinda twiddle
the connector to the pc. i think it happened to me once. it was the
connector that was kinda screwy and i had to adjust it as it. see if that
works....maybe that might not be the problem at all. if i think of anything
else, i will post it.
"Femme_Fatale" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes the balance is even
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 2:36:02 PM

Yep, as far as I can tell, everythings plugged fully and properly.

----- Jetro wrote: -----

Silly suggestion, but anyway: did you plug the speakers connector till the
end?
If your CDROM drive has an audio jack, you can check the speakers plugging
them in it or in any other audio device such as a walkman or MP3 player. If
you have the headphones you can check the computer, indeed.
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 2:36:02 PM

Yes. Everythings connected fully and properly. :/  AAH! its just so frustrating!

!