What did I do to MSI to deserve this kind of treatment?

Guntrain68

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
It's been well over two months now since one of two MSI 6600gt's that I have, burned out it's fan. I called and explained the situation to the RMA dept and then was transferred to tech support where I was offered a replacement heatsink/fan free of charge. I wasn't exactly thrilled about the offer, but since the other vid card did exactly the same thing a few months before and I replaced that one out of my own pocket because of a LAN party I was attending the next day and the card was fine after that, I figured it was a safe bet that it would solve the problem. WRONG! After waiting four days for shipping from Cal, the card did not function, guess the chip was shot from the heat.

RMA#1:Four days out at my expense, about a week and a half of turnaround (it sat for six days at ready-to-ship status!),and four days back. Result: DOA

Immediate e-mail to thier RMA dept first thing in the AM, long before these people show up for work, goes unanswered.

Now it's time for a phone call again...its nice to have to pay long distance charges to get warranty support... I play a little phone tag with a fellow named Henry, he's supposedly the Tech Support lead guy. We have a conversation concerning the situation and he agrees to pay for second-day air out, one day turnaround, and second-day back. Great, I can still forgive at this point. Next day I open the e-mail that contains my UPS call tag and find out that it's for ground service, sweet! I'm back on the phone to MSI's RMA dept and ask for the dept head, "Speaking" i'm told. I explain the conversation with "Henry" and am told that he cant do anything, that I need to speak with Henry. At this point it would be a good idea if Henry found a place to hide. I finally speak with this guy and it becomes fairly heated because he more or less tries to renig on the agreement. I give up after a lengthy explanation concerning how my money should be equally valued as much as the vendor spending thousands, buying in bulk.
Next day I find a second-day call tag in my in-box, finally something goes right. But should I have to plead with someone to get a fair shake?

RMA#2 Same day turnaround? Yea, right....
12/13/2005 - Your RMA request has been approved.
12/19/2005 - Your RMA package(s) have arrived and are currently in receiving process.
Today is the 21st. Second-day back? Doubful, I'm at thier mercy at this point. I just want a functioning unit back in my machine so I can have my SLI back, thats all, not too much to ask I think.
Actually I think they owe me something for all of this trouble, dont you?

Lesson learned, I'm done with MSI permanently. I'm gonna consider Abit and BFG for any future upgrades. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for letting me rant.

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Any thoughts on this?

Yeah....dont buy crap ass cards to SLI. why didn't you just but a 6800GT for cheaper?

Or if this was bought more recently why nota 7800GT for 3-4times the performacne for the sme price?

I have no sympathy for people with terrible SLI setups.

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
I have no sympathy for people with terrible SLI setups.

Harassment isn't tolerated in the Forumz under the ToS.

Take your own advice. :roll:

That wasn't harrassment....Look it up, i just stated i have no sympathy for him. thats a fact and i wasn't even mean about it.

russell

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2004
The guy is getting enough grief from MSI he doesn't need more here where he came to vent about bad service (see the forum title). His thread is about bad service in the forum that is provide for that purpose, Not asking advice about his SLI set up.

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
He asked for my thoughts on this....I gave them. My thoughts aren't always on topic. My thought were of having no sympathy for him....and i asked a question i was curious about. Please forgive me.

Also why are you thread-jacking and making this about me? when this guy comes back i'm sure he doesn't want to see you bitching to me. Please leave me alone, what you are doing is off topic and harrassing. I am offically asking you to stop....From hence forth you have been warned and if you proceed you continue with the understanding that it is unwanted.

Thank you

Guntrain68

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2005
FIY:

This setup was purchased last Febuary.

MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI $189.00
MSI 6600gt x2 $400.00

By the time I finished outfitting my system I had $1,200 spent. Sorry that I didn't drop $3,000 on a grossly overkilled system, I just have other priorities, like bills, my children, groceries, etc.

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
I am not asking why didn't you purchase tw 6800GT's.....i am asking why you didn't purchase 1. Last feb you could have gotten an X850XT for around 350....cheaper then tw 6600GT's and more performance.

Nobody is asking why you didn't drop 3k on your system.

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
He asked for my thoughts on this....I gave them. My thoughts aren't always on topic. My thought were of having no sympathy for him....and i asked a question i was curious about. Please forgive me.

You should be a diplomate ... your tactfulness* is truely amazing ... :(

*(tactfulness: Consideration in dealing with others and avoiding giving offence)

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004

You should be a diplomate ... your tactfulness* is truely amazing ... :(

*(tactfulness: Consideration in dealing with others and avoiding giving offence)

WTF is this?

....you are now insulting me and then giving a definition of words.

Do i come across as a person who wouldn't understand the word tact, of tactfullness to be specific?

if i have no sympathy for someone, am i supposed to fake it? I wasn't mean, i wasn't especially rude, i just gave my two cents.

RichPLS

Champion
My Momma used to say, "If you have nothing good to say, keep it to yourself!".
Come to think of it, that is good advice, but very hard to do. :wink: Sometimes that would mean days of silence if strictly adhered to!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: