I have a USB Dacal Disk Library - you know, you put a disk in a slot and add
it to a database. The holder connects to the computer via a USB cable, you
then find the disk you want and the unit finds it. Good idea if you have >
100 CDs/DVDs.

Since I ALWAYS need new gadgets I bought a MS Bluetooth keyboard (the
Bluetooth gadget connects to the computer via USB). Hooked it up and it
works like a charm. My Dacal disk library however quick working. The
database program refuses to acknowledge that the hardware device is attached
hence leaving it almost useless. (Had them listed in an old database program
so I can still find them with little difficulty).

Long preamble. How do you get around an incompatibility like this? Wait for
the company to release new drivers (which I think is the correct answer)?
Can anyone think of any other way around this?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815037&Product=winxp

Is the information in the above link related to your problem?

Sitaraman

"jimrx4" <jimrx4@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I have a USB Dacal Disk Library - you know, you put a disk in a slot and
add
> it to a database. The holder connects to the computer via a USB cable, you
> then find the disk you want and the unit finds it. Good idea if you have >
> 100 CDs/DVDs.
>
> Since I ALWAYS need new gadgets I bought a MS Bluetooth keyboard (the
> Bluetooth gadget connects to the computer via USB). Hooked it up and it
> works like a charm. My Dacal disk library however quick working. The
> database program refuses to acknowledge that the hardware device is
attached
> hence leaving it almost useless. (Had them listed in an old database
program
> so I can still find them with little difficulty).
>
> Long preamble. How do you get around an incompatibility like this? Wait
for
> the company to release new drivers (which I think is the correct answer)?
> Can anyone think of any other way around this?

I guess I didn't explain my dilemma clearly enough. The Bluetooth driver(s)
interferes with the drivers for my CD mechanical device. Before adding the
Bluetooth device my Dacal device worked properly and was seen by XP. After
the addition of the Bluetooth keyboard (and the respective drivers), my
computer no longer sees the CD device. Sorry for the confusion.

"Sitaraman" <arvind5972--REMOVE--ALL--CAPS--AND--DASHES@msn.com> wrote in
message news:uYugK1wJEHA.3216@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815037&Product=winxp

> Is the information in the above link related to your problem?
>
> Sitaraman
>

> "jimrx4" <jimrx4@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > I have a USB Dacal Disk Library - you know, you put a disk in a slot and
> add
> > it to a database. The holder connects to the computer via a USB cable,
you
> > then find the disk you want and the unit finds it. Good idea if you have
>
> > 100 CDs/DVDs.
> >
> > Since I ALWAYS need new gadgets I bought a MS Bluetooth keyboard (the
> > Bluetooth gadget connects to the computer via USB). Hooked it up and it
> > works like a charm. My Dacal disk library however quick working. The
> > database program refuses to acknowledge that the hardware device is
> attached
> > hence leaving it almost useless. (Had them listed in an old database
> program
> > so I can still find them with little difficulty).
> >
> > Long preamble. How do you get around an incompatibility like this? Wait
> for
> > the company to release new drivers (which I think is the correct
answer)?
> > Can anyone think of any other way around this?

Hmm.
Have you been able to get the CD device working again by removing ONLY the
BT drivers?
......just to make sure it is the BT drivers and not something else that is
interfering with the DACAL

> I guess I didn't explain my dilemma clearly enough. The Bluetooth
driver(s)
> interferes with the drivers for my CD mechanical device. Before adding the
> Bluetooth device my Dacal device worked properly and was seen by XP. After
> the addition of the Bluetooth keyboard (and the respective drivers), my
> computer no longer sees the CD device. Sorry for the confusion.
>

> "Sitaraman" <arvind5972--REMOVE--ALL--CAPS--AND--DASHES@msn.com> wrote in
> message news:uYugK1wJEHA.3216@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815037&Product=winxp

> > Is the information in the above link related to your problem?
> >
> > Sitaraman
> >

> > "jimrx4" <jimrx4@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > I have a USB Dacal Disk Library - you know, you put a disk in a slot
and
> > add
> > > it to a database. The holder connects to the computer via a USB cable,
> you
> > > then find the disk you want and the unit finds it. Good idea if you
have

> > > 100 CDs/DVDs.
> > >
> > > Since I ALWAYS need new gadgets I bought a MS Bluetooth keyboard (the
> > > Bluetooth gadget connects to the computer via USB). Hooked it up and
it
> > > works like a charm. My Dacal disk library however quick working. The
> > > database program refuses to acknowledge that the hardware device is
> > attached
> > > hence leaving it almost useless. (Had them listed in an old database
> > program
> > > so I can still find them with little difficulty).
> > >
> > > Long preamble. How do you get around an incompatibility like this?
Wait
> > for
> > > the company to release new drivers (which I think is the correct
> answer)?
> > > Can anyone think of any other way around this?

Funny you should ask. I have removed the device and drivers (for BT) and the
Dacal unit refuses to be recognized. There obviously is some program exe
and/or dll that is added by the MS BT software package that is not deleted
by the install program.

Since I make mirror images daily (for backup purposes) I have found that a
freshly installed WinXP Pro recognizes the Dacal unit but after I install
the BT hardware and software the Dacal unit stops working!

"Sitaraman" <arvind5972--REMOVE--ALL--CAPS--AND--DASHES@msn.com> wrote in
message news:eV$fz87JEHA.1892@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hmm.
> Have you been able to get the CD device working again by removing ONLY the
> BT drivers?
> .....just to make sure it is the BT drivers and not something else that is
> interfering with the DACAL
>
> Sitaraman
>
> "jimrx4" <jimrx4@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > I guess I didn't explain my dilemma clearly enough. The Bluetooth
> driver(s)
> > interferes with the drivers for my CD mechanical device. Before adding
the
> > Bluetooth device my Dacal device worked properly and was seen by XP.
After
> > the addition of the Bluetooth keyboard (and the respective drivers), my
> > computer no longer sees the CD device. Sorry for the confusion.
> >

> > "Sitaraman" <arvind5972--REMOVE--ALL--CAPS--AND--DASHES@msn.com> wrote
in
> > message news:uYugK1wJEHA.3216@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815037&Product=winxp

> > > Is the information in the above link related to your problem?
> > >
> > > Sitaraman
> > >

> > > "jimrx4" <jimrx4@comcast.net> wrote in message
> and
> > > add
> > you
> have

> it
> > > attached
> > > program

> Wait
> > > for
> > answer)?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811805
is the article that details how to completely remove all traces of the BT
drivers and app.
But this is not going to solve anything since we already know that the BT
drivers are responsible and you get the DACAL working everytime before you
install the BT drivers.
The question is now what else can you try?
First thing that I would try is getting a different BT transeiver with its
own software and using the Kybd and mouse with that.
Can you borrow someone's transceiver to test with before spending money to
get your own?