Bluetooth Keyboard Error

I've had the bluetooth optical mouse and keyboard working
fine for awhile now. A month or two ago I had to stop
using the keyboard because, even though it says its there
in the wireless dialog, i cant seem to use it ^o). I
think this is weird though, because the mouse works like
a charm.

Any suggestions?
5 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth keyboard error

    Bumping this

    Have you tried to remove the keyboard from the wireless link and
    re-establish a link?

    Sitaraman

    "Phil Coyne" <aci@worldofetilicia.com> wrote in message
    > I've had the bluetooth optical mouse and keyboard working
    > fine for awhile now. A month or two ago I had to stop
    > using the keyboard because, even though it says its there
    > in the wireless dialog, i cant seem to use it ^o). I
    > think this is weird though, because the mouse works like
    > a charm.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Yep. It says that its authenticated but then doesn't do anything if I press the buttons. I'm stumped as its doing it with two keyboards now!

    ----- Sitaraman wrote: -----

    Have you tried to remove the keyboard from the wireless link and
    re-establish a link?

    Sitaraman

    "Phil Coyne" <aci@worldofetilicia.com> wrote in message
    > I've had the bluetooth optical mouse and keyboard working
    > fine for awhile now. A month or two ago I had to stop
    > using the keyboard because, even though it says its there
    > in the wireless dialog, i cant seem to use it ^o). I
    > think this is weird though, because the mouse works like
    > a charm.
    >> Any suggestions?

    Ok, it seems to be working now. I had to enable to services it was offering.

    Next problem, if I take my ps/2 keyboard out and try and boot the computer, it tells me there's a problem with it. Any way to disable this?

    Nice that you got it working.
    Unfortunately you need the PS/2 keyboard connected for BIOS and startup as
    the BT keyboard loads only after the OS loads.
    You can leave it connected and not use it....simplest solution.
    Sitaraman

    "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Ok, it seems to be working now. I had to enable to services it was
    offering.

    > Next problem, if I take my ps/2 keyboard out and try and boot the
    computer, it tells me there's a problem with it. Any way to disable this?

Mice Keyboards Bluetooth Windows XP