Bluetooth Keyboard Error

April 18, 2004 5:32:48 PM

I've had the bluetooth optical mouse and keyboard working
fine for awhile now. A month or two ago I had to stop
using the keyboard because, even though it says its there
in the wireless dialog, i cant seem to use it ^o). I
think this is weird though, because the mouse works like
a charm.

Any suggestions?
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 8:09:28 PM

Bumping this

Anonymous
April 20, 2004 4:17:41 PM

Have you tried to remove the keyboard from the wireless link and
re-establish a link?

Sitaraman

"Phil Coyne" <aci@worldofetilicia.com> wrote in message
> I've had the bluetooth optical mouse and keyboard working
> fine for awhile now. A month or two ago I had to stop
> using the keyboard because, even though it says its there
> in the wireless dialog, i cant seem to use it ^o). I
> think this is weird though, because the mouse works like
> a charm.
>
> Any suggestions?
Related resources
April 21, 2004 7:36:03 AM

Yep. It says that its authenticated but then doesn't do anything if I press the buttons. I'm stumped as its doing it with two keyboards now!

----- Sitaraman wrote: -----

Have you tried to remove the keyboard from the wireless link and
re-establish a link?

Sitaraman

"Phil Coyne" <aci@worldofetilicia.com> wrote in message
> I've had the bluetooth optical mouse and keyboard working
> fine for awhile now. A month or two ago I had to stop
> using the keyboard because, even though it says its there
> in the wireless dialog, i cant seem to use it ^o). I
> think this is weird though, because the mouse works like
> a charm.
>> Any suggestions?
April 21, 2004 7:41:03 AM

Ok, it seems to be working now. I had to enable to services it was offering.

Next problem, if I take my ps/2 keyboard out and try and boot the computer, it tells me there's a problem with it. Any way to disable this?
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 1:35:52 PM

Nice that you got it working.
Unfortunately you need the PS/2 keyboard connected for BIOS and startup as
the BT keyboard loads only after the OS loads.
You can leave it connected and not use it....simplest solution.
Sitaraman

!