USB Device not recognized

After plugging & unplugging my printer USB cable a number
of times, now my computer does not recognize it at all.
As a result, I am with out a printer for the time being.
I have tried updating the drivers for the USB, to no
avail. I have un-installed and re-installed the printer,
to no avail. I have re-booted a number of times, to no
avail. Is there a way to download new software for the
USB port?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Printerless in Orlando.
4 answers Last reply
More about device recognized

    tried using a different usb cable?
    "Paul Steen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After plugging & unplugging my printer USB cable a number
    > of times, now my computer does not recognize it at all.
    > As a result, I am with out a printer for the time being.
    > I have tried updating the drivers for the USB, to no
    > avail. I have un-installed and re-installed the printer,
    > to no avail. I have re-booted a number of times, to no
    > avail. Is there a way to download new software for the
    > USB port?
    >
    > Any help would be much appreciated!
    >
    > Printerless in Orlando.

    Thanks. Yes, I have tried that. To no avail. Can I un-
    install the USB and then re-install?

    hmm, i dont see why not. but i have never done it myself so I would not ask
    u to do it. hopefully someone else can reply to this post.
    > Thanks. Yes, I have tried that. To no avail. Can I un-
    > install the USB and then re-install?

    make sure you have all the updates and patches from windows update.

    uninstall the USB, then reboot, windows will reinstall the USB.

USB Printers Windows XP