USB Device not recognized

After plugging & unplugging my printer USB cable a number
of times, now my computer does not recognize it at all.
As a result, I am with out a printer for the time being.
I have tried updating the drivers for the USB, to no
avail. I have un-installed and re-installed the printer,
to no avail. I have re-booted a number of times, to no
avail. Is there a way to download new software for the
USB port?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Printerless in Orlando.

Maximus

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2003

tried using a different usb cable?
"Paul Steen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After plugging & unplugging my printer USB cable a number
> of times, now my computer does not recognize it at all.
> As a result, I am with out a printer for the time being.
> I have tried updating the drivers for the USB, to no
> avail. I have un-installed and re-installed the printer,
> to no avail. I have re-booted a number of times, to no
> avail. Is there a way to download new software for the
> USB port?
>
> Any help would be much appreciated!
>
> Printerless in Orlando.

Thanks. Yes, I have tried that. To no avail. Can I un-
install the USB and then re-install?

Maximus

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2003

hmm, i dont see why not. but i have never done it myself so I would not ask
u to do it. hopefully someone else can reply to this post.
> Thanks. Yes, I have tried that. To no avail. Can I un-
> install the USB and then re-install?

Tim

make sure you have all the updates and patches from windows update.

uninstall the USB, then reboot, windows will reinstall the USB.