AX6BC - UPGRADE 1.3 TO 1.4

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

Hiya

I wonder if it is worth upgrade from my Celeron 1.3 to 1.4. ? How much
improve ? I admit these over 1 GHz are now almost outdated. There are
incoming more and more new powerful games like DOOM 3, HLF 2 etc which
required run over 3 GHz.

i think it time to move away from AX6BC :(
4 answers Last reply
More about ax6bc upgrade
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

    "Wesley" <noo@email.com> wrote:

    >Hiya
    >
    >I wonder if it is worth upgrade from my Celeron 1.3 to 1.4. ? How much
    >improve ? I admit these over 1 GHz are now almost outdated. There are
    >incoming more and more new powerful games like DOOM 3, HLF 2 etc which
    >required run over 3 GHz.

    The improvement would only be noticed by benchmarking programs. It
    would be imperceptable to you.

    >i think it time to move away from AX6BC :(

    I'm afraid so. You can do as I did and give your AX6BC to someone who
    only needs basic computer power - Internet, email, word processing. It
    is still enjoying usefulness.

    Jim
    remove* *for email
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

    what type of setup did you use to get 1.3ghz working on AX6BC?

    I thought it didn't support that high?

    "Wesley" <noo@email.com> wrote in news:Yjxxc.1301$uB3.1108@news-

    server.bigpond.net.au:

    > Hiya
    >
    > I wonder if it is worth upgrade from my Celeron 1.3 to 1.4. ? How much
    > improve ? I admit these over 1 GHz are now almost outdated. There are
    > incoming more and more new powerful games like DOOM 3, HLF 2 etc which
    > required run over 3 GHz.
    >
    > i think it time to move away from AX6BC :(

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

    Use upgradeware Slot-T and Celeron 1.3 Ghz it really fine. I had run for 2
    years now with no problem. The setup is very little hence almost like
    automatically itself.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

    http://www.upgradeware.com/english/product/slott/slott.htm

Celeron Motherboards