AX6BC - UPGRADE 1.3 TO 1.4

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
June 9, 2004 9:34:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

Hiya

I wonder if it is worth upgrade from my Celeron 1.3 to 1.4. ? How much
improve ? I admit these over 1 GHz are now almost outdated. There are
incoming more and more new powerful games like DOOM 3, HLF 2 etc which
required run over 3 GHz.

i think it time to move away from AX6BC :(

More about : ax6bc upgrade

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 9, 2004 12:12:04 PM

"Wesley" <noo@email.com> wrote:

>Hiya
>
>I wonder if it is worth upgrade from my Celeron 1.3 to 1.4. ? How much
>improve ? I admit these over 1 GHz are now almost outdated. There are
>incoming more and more new powerful games like DOOM 3, HLF 2 etc which
>required run over 3 GHz.

The improvement would only be noticed by benchmarking programs. It
would be imperceptable to you.

>i think it time to move away from AX6BC :(

I'm afraid so. You can do as I did and give your AX6BC to someone who
only needs basic computer power - Internet, email, word processing. It
is still enjoying usefulness.

Jim
remove* *for email
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 30, 2004 12:48:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

what type of setup did you use to get 1.3ghz working on AX6BC?

I thought it didn't support that high?

"Wesley" <noo@email.com> wrote in news:Yjxxc.1301$uB3.1108@news-

server.bigpond.net.au:

> Hiya
>
> I wonder if it is worth upgrade from my Celeron 1.3 to 1.4. ? How much
> improve ? I admit these over 1 GHz are now almost outdated. There are
> incoming more and more new powerful games like DOOM 3, HLF 2 etc which
> required run over 3 GHz.
>
> i think it time to move away from AX6BC :(

Related resources
July 1, 2004 5:28:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

Use upgradeware Slot-T and Celeron 1.3 Ghz it really fine. I had run for 2
years now with no problem. The setup is very little hence almost like
automatically itself.
!