MY D: DRIVE IS GONE!!!

I have a memorex 52x24x52 that i recently istalled like a month ago, the other day I got to my computer to find that it is not there. The device drivers are installed but says the hardware is not there. I have restarted it several times with and without the cd drive installed and to no avail. Please help. It worked fine 3 days ago, then all the sudden 2 days ago (the next day) it was gone. Please help.

"Etheak" <jerseyboy121776@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have a memorex 52x24x52 that i recently istalled like a month ago, the
other day I got to my computer to find that it is not there. The device
drivers are installed but says the hardware is not there. I have restarted
it several times with and without the cd drive installed and to no avail.
Please help. It worked fine 3 days ago, then all the sudden 2 days ago (the
next day) it was gone. Please help.

Take a look at section 8 here;

http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

Specifically "My CD drives have vanished (from Explorer, Device Manager,
etc.)"

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

slowpoke

Can your bios see it, if not then XP doesn't have a chance.