MY D: DRIVE IS GONE!!!

I have a memorex 52x24x52 that i recently istalled like a month ago, the other day I got to my computer to find that it is not there. The device drivers are installed but says the hardware is not there. I have restarted it several times with and without the cd drive installed and to no avail. Please help. It worked fine 3 days ago, then all the sudden 2 days ago (the next day) it was gone. Please help.
2 answers Last reply
More about drive gone

    "Etheak" <jerseyboy121776@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I have a memorex 52x24x52 that i recently istalled like a month ago, the
    other day I got to my computer to find that it is not there. The device
    drivers are installed but says the hardware is not there. I have restarted
    it several times with and without the cd drive installed and to no avail.
    Please help. It worked fine 3 days ago, then all the sudden 2 days ago (the
    next day) it was gone. Please help.

    Take a look at section 8 here;

    http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

    Specifically "My CD drives have vanished (from Explorer, Device Manager,
    etc.)"

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    Can your bios see it, if not then XP doesn't have a chance.

    "Etheak" <jerseyboy121776@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I have a memorex 52x24x52 that i recently istalled like a month ago, the
    other day I got to my computer to find that it is not there. The device
    drivers are installed but says the hardware is not there. I have restarted
    it several times with and without the cd drive installed and to no avail.
    Please help. It worked fine 3 days ago, then all the sudden 2 days ago (the
    next day) it was gone. Please help.

Hardware Windows XP