play HL2 without Internet Connection

Last response: in Video Games
December 24, 2004 6:36:26 PM

Hi,

is there a way to play HL2 on a computer without Internet Connection?
Everytime I try this Steam goes up and the computer wants to connect.

Is there a patch/crack with ecode the fresh installation to play?

Thanks for all answers
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 7:44:25 PM

"Thomas Degen" <T.Degen@web.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to play HL2 on a computer without Internet Connection?
> Everytime I try this Steam goes up and the computer wants to connect.
>
> Is there a patch/crack with ecode the fresh installation to play?

I don't think so, that's why it states internet connection required on the box.
Anonymous
December 25, 2004 1:24:13 AM

Thomas Degen wrote:

> is there a way to play HL2 on a computer without Internet Connection?
> Everytime I try this Steam goes up and the computer wants to connect.
>
> Is there a patch/crack with ecode the fresh installation to play?

I don't know of any. Screw the game anyway. Valve's anti-piracy method is
so stupid and offensive, that personaly I'm considering not buying any game
from them again.
December 25, 2004 1:54:04 PM

"Nikos Chantziaras" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
| Thomas Degen wrote:
| >
| > is there a way to play HL2 on a computer without Internet Connection?
| > Everytime I try this Steam goes up and the computer wants to connect.
| >
| > Is there a patch/crack with ecode the fresh installation to play?
|
| I don't know of any. Screw the game anyway. Valve's anti-piracy method is
| so stupid and offensive, that personaly I'm considering not buying any game
| from them again.

I think it's because nowadays virtually no-one don't have internet access.
Internet is getting to be like the household telephone :)
Anonymous
December 26, 2004 1:37:41 AM

TripleEight wrote:

> I think it's because nowadays virtually no-one don't have internet access.
> Internet is getting to be like the household telephone :)

Sure. If you wanna pay 60 euros per month for dsl 384, be my guest... :)
Me, I won't pay that kind of money. I prefer the shared pc I'm currently
sitting in front of. Anyway, the point is that although everyone has access
to the net, it doesn't mean that this access is available *at home*.
Anonymous
December 26, 2004 2:39:57 AM

| TripleEight wrote:
| >
| > I think it's because nowadays virtually no-one don't have internet access.
| > Internet is getting to be like the household telephone :)
|
| Sure. If you wanna pay 60 euros per month for dsl 384, be my guest... :)
| Me, I won't pay that kind of money. I prefer the shared pc I'm currently
| sitting in front of. Anyway, the point is that although everyone has access
| to the net, it doesn't mean that this access is available *at home*.

There are too many free pay-as-you-go 56k services around. Could log on to one
of those for activation and it won't cost you more than 10 pence (0.14 Euros) :]
December 26, 2004 3:20:42 PM

"Thomas Degen" <T.Degen@web.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to play HL2 on a computer without Internet Connection?
> Everytime I try this Steam goes up and the computer wants to connect.
>
> Is there a patch/crack with ecode the fresh installation to play?
>
> Thanks for all answers

Actually there is... I do it all the time. You have to set up Steam to
remember
your password. Then it gives you the option to start up in offline mode.
Anonymous
December 26, 2004 8:29:12 PM

"Willie" <wroop@net-link.net> wrote in message

> "Thomas Degen" <T.Degen@web.de> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> is there a way to play HL2 on a computer without Internet Connection?
>> Everytime I try this Steam goes up and the computer wants to connect.
>>
>> Is there a patch/crack with ecode the fresh installation to play?
>>
>> Thanks for all answers
>
> Actually there is... I do it all the time. You have to set up Steam to
> remember
> your password. Then it gives you the option to start up in offline mode.

but you need a connection once to decrypt and verify the installation
Anonymous
December 27, 2004 1:00:43 AM

TripleEight wrote:

> There are too many free pay-as-you-go 56k services around. Could log on
> to one of those for activation and it won't cost you more than 10 pence
> (0.14 Euros) :]

Not in Greece pal.
Anonymous
January 4, 2005 6:23:04 AM