play HL2 without Internet Connection

Hi,

is there a way to play HL2 on a computer without Internet Connection?
Everytime I try this Steam goes up and the computer wants to connect.

Is there a patch/crack with ecode the fresh installation to play?

Thanks for all answers
9 answers Last reply
More about play internet connection

    "Thomas Degen" <T.Degen@web.de> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > is there a way to play HL2 on a computer without Internet Connection?
    > Everytime I try this Steam goes up and the computer wants to connect.
    >
    > Is there a patch/crack with ecode the fresh installation to play?

    I don't think so, that's why it states internet connection required on the box.

    Thomas Degen wrote:

    > is there a way to play HL2 on a computer without Internet Connection?
    > Everytime I try this Steam goes up and the computer wants to connect.
    >
    > Is there a patch/crack with ecode the fresh installation to play?

    I don't know of any. Screw the game anyway. Valve's anti-piracy method is
    so stupid and offensive, that personaly I'm considering not buying any game
    from them again.

    "Nikos Chantziaras" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    | Thomas Degen wrote:
    | >
    | > is there a way to play HL2 on a computer without Internet Connection?
    | > Everytime I try this Steam goes up and the computer wants to connect.
    | >
    | > Is there a patch/crack with ecode the fresh installation to play?
    |
    | I don't know of any. Screw the game anyway. Valve's anti-piracy method is
    | so stupid and offensive, that personaly I'm considering not buying any game
    | from them again.

    I think it's because nowadays virtually no-one don't have internet access.
    Internet is getting to be like the household telephone :)
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    TripleEight wrote:

    > I think it's because nowadays virtually no-one don't have internet access.
    > Internet is getting to be like the household telephone :)

    Sure. If you wanna pay 60 euros per month for dsl 384, be my guest... :)
    Me, I won't pay that kind of money. I prefer the shared pc I'm currently
    sitting in front of. Anyway, the point is that although everyone has access
    to the net, it doesn't mean that this access is available *at home*.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    | TripleEight wrote:
    | >
    | > I think it's because nowadays virtually no-one don't have internet access.
    | > Internet is getting to be like the household telephone :)
    |
    | Sure. If you wanna pay 60 euros per month for dsl 384, be my guest... :)
    | Me, I won't pay that kind of money. I prefer the shared pc I'm currently
    | sitting in front of. Anyway, the point is that although everyone has access
    | to the net, it doesn't mean that this access is available *at home*.

    There are too many free pay-as-you-go 56k services around. Could log on to one
    of those for activation and it won't cost you more than 10 pence (0.14 Euros) :]
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    "Thomas Degen" <T.Degen@web.de> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > is there a way to play HL2 on a computer without Internet Connection?
    > Everytime I try this Steam goes up and the computer wants to connect.
    >
    > Is there a patch/crack with ecode the fresh installation to play?
    >
    > Thanks for all answers

    Actually there is... I do it all the time. You have to set up Steam to
    remember
    your password. Then it gives you the option to start up in offline mode.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    "Willie" <wroop@net-link.net> wrote in message

    > "Thomas Degen" <T.Degen@web.de> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> is there a way to play HL2 on a computer without Internet Connection?
    >> Everytime I try this Steam goes up and the computer wants to connect.
    >>
    >> Is there a patch/crack with ecode the fresh installation to play?
    >>
    >> Thanks for all answers
    >
    > Actually there is... I do it all the time. You have to set up Steam to
    > remember
    > your password. Then it gives you the option to start up in offline mode.

    but you need a connection once to decrypt and verify the installation
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    TripleEight wrote:

    > There are too many free pay-as-you-go 56k services around. Could log on
    > to one of those for activation and it won't cost you more than 10 pence
    > (0.14 Euros) :]

    Not in Greece pal.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?)

    yes, u can,
    look for nuked version on bittorent :)

    --
    http://www.big-forum.com
    --

    "Nikos Chantziaras" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
    > Thomas Degen wrote:
    >>
    >> is there a way to play HL2 on a computer without Internet Connection?
    >> Everytime I try this Steam goes up and the computer wants to connect.
    >>
    >> Is there a patch/crack with ecode the fresh installation to play?
    >
    > I don't know of any. Screw the game anyway. Valve's anti-piracy method
    > is
    > so stupid and offensive, that personaly I'm considering not buying any
    > game
    > from them again.

Computers Games Internet Connection Video Games