MX36LE-U motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
June 29, 2004 11:34:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

Hi,

I have a problem with the startup password. At first I changed the password
from system to setup and then I entered the password. After that I cannot
change it back to system. Well I can change the settings i bios, but it does
not prompt when the computer is powered on.

Anyone who can give me an idea to solve my problem.

Regards
Poul

email: poul(at)risagers(dot)dk.

More about : mx36le motherboard

June 29, 2004 11:34:54 PM

"Poul" <svedfed@yahoo.dk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with the startup password. At first I changed the
password
> from system to setup and then I entered the password. After that I cannot
> change it back to system. Well I can change the settings i bios, but it
does
> not prompt when the computer is powered on.
>
> Anyone who can give me an idea to solve my problem.
>
> Regards
> Poul
>
> email: poul(at)risagers(dot)dk.

Resetting the CMOS jumper should set everything back to default with no
password, if that is what you want to do.

Chris
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
June 30, 2004 9:32:45 PM

"c" <c@me.org> skrev i en meddelelse

> "Poul" <svedfed@yahoo.dk> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a problem with the startup password. At first I changed the
> password
> > from system to setup and then I entered the password. After that I
cannot
> > change it back to system. Well I can change the settings i bios, but it
> does
> > not prompt when the computer is powered on.
> >
> > Anyone who can give me an idea to solve my problem.
> >
> > Regards
> > Poul
> >
> > email: poul(at)risagers(dot)dk.
> >

> Resetting the CMOS jumper should set everything back to default with no
> password, if that is what you want to do.
>
> Chris

My problem is that I want to have a password, but I am not asked for it,
when I start the computer
I allready know how til erase the password, but thanks for your answar
anyway.

Poul
July 1, 2004 2:06:57 AM

> "c" <c@me.org> skrev i en meddelelse
> >
> > "Poul" <svedfed@yahoo.dk> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a problem with the startup password. At first I changed the
> > password
> > > from system to setup and then I entered the password. After that I
> cannot
> > > change it back to system. Well I can change the settings i bios, but
it
> > does
> > > not prompt when the computer is powered on.
> > >
> > > Anyone who can give me an idea to solve my problem.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Poul
> > >
> > > email: poul(at)risagers(dot)dk.
> > >

> > Resetting the CMOS jumper should set everything back to default with no
> > password, if that is what you want to do.
> >
> > Chris
> >
> My problem is that I want to have a password, but I am not asked for it,
> when I start the computer
> I allready know how til erase the password, but thanks for your answar
> anyway.
>
> Poul

OK, I misunderstood your question. The BIOS password does not come into
effect until you try to enter the BIOS to change settings. You need to set
up your operating system to prompt you for a login password when it starts.

Chris
!