AOpen AK79D-400VN - any good?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

Hi NG,

I recently tried a DFI NFII Ultra Inifinty and it was so unstable that I
plan on taking it back this weekend (the BIOS was resetting itself all over
the place!). I have found the AOpen board for a real good price (£41.08 inc
VAT) and I though I might give it go.

I've searched the web and newsgroups but there isn't that much about the
board. Either it is great and nobody has any beef with it or people just
aren't using it.

Would anybody like to offer their two penneth worth? I want a board that is
stable at the default settings - I don't want to o/c it - I just want the
dual channel RAM, a faster chipset and a decent upgrade path (just
discovered that the latest BIOS will even handle Sempron CPU's!).

TIA

Glenn

---

"Glenns Spam" <glenns.spambox@tesco.net> wrote in message
> Hi NG,
>
> I recently tried a DFI NFII Ultra Inifinty and it was so unstable that I
> plan on taking it back this weekend (the BIOS was resetting itself all
over
> the place!). I have found the AOpen board for a real good price (£41.08
inc
> VAT) and I though I might give it go.
>
> I've searched the web and newsgroups but there isn't that much about the
> board. Either it is great and nobody has any beef with it or people just
> aren't using it.
>
> Would anybody like to offer their two penneth worth? I want a board that
is
> stable at the default settings - I don't want to o/c it - I just want the
> dual channel RAM, a faster chipset and a decent upgrade path (just
> discovered that the latest BIOS will even handle Sempron CPU's!).
>
> TIA
>
> Glenn
>

> ---

the following link is to a newegg.com site where people who have purchased
the AK79K VN review it.

http://secure.newegg.com/app/CustratingReview.asp?DEPA=0&item=13-137-036

Nystagums

---

"Nystagmus" <eyesores@blurredvision.org> wrote in message

> "Glenns Spam" <glenns.spambox@tesco.net> wrote in message
> > Hi NG,
> >
> > I recently tried a DFI NFII Ultra Inifinty and it was so unstable that I
> > plan on taking it back this weekend (the BIOS was resetting itself all
> over
> > the place!). I have found the AOpen board for a real good price (£41.08
> inc
> > VAT) and I though I might give it go.
> >
> > I've searched the web and newsgroups but there isn't that much about the
> > board. Either it is great and nobody has any beef with it or people just
> > aren't using it.
> >
> > Would anybody like to offer their two penneth worth? I want a board that
> is
> > stable at the default settings - I don't want to o/c it - I just want
the
> > dual channel RAM, a faster chipset and a decent upgrade path (just
> > discovered that the latest BIOS will even handle Sempron CPU's!).
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Glenn
> >

> > ---
> >

> the following link is to a newegg.com site where people who have purchased
> the AK79K VN review it.
>
> http://secure.newegg.com/app/CustratingReview.asp?DEPA=0&item=13-137-036
>
> Nystagums
>

> ---

Thanks Nystagums - just what I was after!

Glenn

---