  • Burner
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
April 19, 2004 11:00:08 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi,

I recently purchased and installed an LG GSA-4081B DVD burner. The
problem is that when I burn a DVD I get a blue screen, sometimes right
in the middle of the burning process or sometimes at the end, but it
always happens at some stage. I have yet to have a trouble free burn.
I have reinstalled windows but it still happens every time.

The message I get on the blue screen includes the following

Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x80533f7B, 0xA9E38A48, 0x00000000) the
numbers in the brackets vary, and I sometimes get a reference to
win32k.sys - address BF95AB4F

Running XP Pro, Roxio Easy Cd/DVD creator 6, also Nero 6, Athlon 1.4GHz,
512 MB RAM, 100GB HD, As well as the burner I've got a DVD ROM drive,
slave to the DVD burner on IDE channel 2.

Any Ideas?
Thanks
Mossie

More about : dvd burning crashes

April 19, 2004 11:00:09 AM

"Mossie" <mo55ie@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:14497547519378a5b4a9d43fe0cff417@news.teranews.com...
> Hi,
>
> I recently purchased and installed an LG GSA-4081B DVD burner. The
> problem is that when I burn a DVD I get a blue screen, sometimes right
> in the middle of the burning process or sometimes at the end, but it
> always happens at some stage. I have yet to have a trouble free burn.
> I have reinstalled windows but it still happens every time.
>
> The message I get on the blue screen includes the following
>
> Stop: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x80533f7B, 0xA9E38A48, 0x00000000) the
> numbers in the brackets vary, and I sometimes get a reference to
> win32k.sys - address BF95AB4F
>
> Running XP Pro, Roxio Easy Cd/DVD creator 6, also Nero 6, Athlon 1.4GHz,
> 512 MB RAM, 100GB HD, As well as the burner I've got a DVD ROM drive,
> slave to the DVD burner on IDE channel 2.
>
> Any Ideas?
> Thanks
> Mossie

Firstly, I would uninstall both of the burning software products and any DVD play software. Then remove the burning drive device from the Device Manager, and then reboot to let Windows redect and install it. Reinstall appropriate drivers if the need is there that are better than the ones Windows uses.

Reinstall only "one" of the burning software products, either one is fairly good. Then go to the product's website, and download/install updates for that product, especially downloads for the burning engine. Reinstall your DVD software if applicable. Try again, and see what happens. If you get a failure again, you may have faulty RAM and it is working enough not to crash at a reboot, or while in Windows, rather crashes when called to use allocated amounts.

If you have another failure, you can download a Microsoft Diagnostic proggy for testing your RAM from here;

http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/12/7/12-7-28.shtml

Or download and use Memtest86:

http://www.memtest86.com/
Anonymous
April 19, 2004 9:42:38 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

> If you have another failure, you can download a Microsoft Diagnostic =
> proggy for testing your RAM from here;
>
> http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/12/7/12-7-28.shtml
>
> Or download and use Memtest86:
>
> http://www.memtest86.com/

Thanks. I'll give it a go and see what happens.
Anonymous
April 20, 2004 1:48:20 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I tried all this but it hasn't worked. I'm checking the memory shortly,
but I'm not sure it will work. A colleague suggested a Power Supply
problem - anyone think this sounds possible?

Mossie
!