No Boot/Beeps

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
September 11, 2004 10:35:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

Got an Aopen AK77-600GN and it was working fine at last switch on. Now I'm
not getting any BIOS beeps or boot up. I am getting power to the board as
the standby LED is on and the cpu fan is running. I've taken the board out
of the case and tried it with just the cpu/heatsink/fan, no joy. Tried it
with a single stick of RAM in all the slots, no joy. Power Supply in the
case is good as I've checked it with a multimeter, as is power out of the
power connector. At a bit of a lose now. Can anyone give me any more
pointers to try?

TIA

Claude

More about : boot beeps

September 12, 2004 8:51:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

Sometimes just resetting the CMOS jumper will fix it. Unplug the power, move
the jumper to the 2-3 position for 10 seconds, and then back to 1-2. Try
powering up.

Chris

!