Aopen AX4PER and Celeron D

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

Dear Group.

Will the above board work with the nre Celeron D processors? The website
doesn't give an answer, but since both Celeron D and Pentium4 uses socket
478 I guess they should both work? Or am I missing something?

Kind regards
Kasper

"Kasper Bøggild" <sep04@mail.dk> wrote in message news:<41482c63$0$269$edfadb0f@dread14.news.tele.dk>...
> Dear Group.
>
> Will the above board work with the nre Celeron D processors? The website
> doesn't give an answer, but since both Celeron D and Pentium4 uses socket
> 478 I guess they should both work? Or am I missing something?
>
> Kind regards
> Kasper

It might depend on the bios, if the bios see's the new chip then it
should be fine, but you need to make sure. You might be better off
going for the Pentium4 as it most likely has more cache, and should
run faster.

In fact I would stay away from the Celerons, in general and go for the
bigger cache. If price is that much of a concern for you then you
might want to consider an AMD solution.

Gnu_Raiz