ATT Launching PTT this year?

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I figured with the buyout that ATT had put a halt on their PTT
initiative; no sense in spending the money on a solution that may be
incompatible with Cingular's. But this article mentions that the
EDGE-enabled SE Z500 is coming in Q4 and will have PTT. AT&T is the
only carrier that has EDGE deployed so far; does this mean that we may
see PTT on ATT before the end of the year?

http://www.mobiletracker.net/archives/2004/03/09/sony_ericsson_l.php

__
2 answers Last reply
More about launching year
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    "WAW" <whatawhiner@Mailinator.com> wrote in message
    | I figured with the buyout that ATT had put a halt on their PTT
    | initiative; no sense in spending the money on a solution that may be
    | incompatible with Cingular's. But this article mentions that the
    | EDGE-enabled SE Z500 is coming in Q4 and will have PTT. AT&T is the
    | only carrier that has EDGE deployed so far; does this mean that we may
    | see PTT on ATT before the end of the year?
    |
    | http://www.mobiletracker.net/archives/2004/03/09/sony_ericsson_l.php

    I hope not. I hear enough of everyone's conversations with just Nextel and
    Verizon customers in my area that thinks it cool for everyone to hear them.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

    Both At&T and Cingular have EDGE. Here is Fort Worth, I'm seeing speeds
    of over 200kbps using my edge phone.

    WAW wrote:
    > I figured with the buyout that ATT had put a halt on their PTT
    > initiative; no sense in spending the money on a solution that may be
    > incompatible with Cingular's. But this article mentions that the
    > EDGE-enabled SE Z500 is coming in Q4 and will have PTT. AT&T is the
    > only carrier that has EDGE deployed so far; does this mean that we may
    > see PTT on ATT before the end of the year?
    >
    > http://www.mobiletracker.net/archives/2004/03/09/sony_ericsson_l.php
    >
    > __

Cingular At&T GSM Internet Service Providers