ATT Launching PTT this year?

Last response: in Network Providers
June 18, 2004 12:48:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I figured with the buyout that ATT had put a halt on their PTT
initiative; no sense in spending the money on a solution that may be
incompatible with Cingular's. But this article mentions that the
EDGE-enabled SE Z500 is coming in Q4 and will have PTT. AT&T is the
only carrier that has EDGE deployed so far; does this mean that we may
see PTT on ATT before the end of the year?

http://www.mobiletracker.net/archives/2004/03/09/sony_e...

__

More about : att launching ptt year

Anonymous
June 18, 2004 4:22:32 PM

"WAW" <whatawhiner@Mailinator.com> wrote in message
| I figured with the buyout that ATT had put a halt on their PTT
| initiative; no sense in spending the money on a solution that may be
| incompatible with Cingular's. But this article mentions that the
| EDGE-enabled SE Z500 is coming in Q4 and will have PTT. AT&T is the
| only carrier that has EDGE deployed so far; does this mean that we may
| see PTT on ATT before the end of the year?
|
| http://www.mobiletracker.net/archives/2004/03/09/sony_e...

I hope not. I hear enough of everyone's conversations with just Nextel and
Verizon customers in my area that thinks it cool for everyone to hear them.
Anonymous
June 18, 2004 10:54:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.gsm,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Both At&T and Cingular have EDGE. Here is Fort Worth, I'm seeing speeds
of over 200kbps using my edge phone.

!