HP Laserjet IIIP Corona Wire

Could anyone tell me how to access the corona wire in an HP Laserjet IIIP?
Is it inside the cartridge by any chance? I downloaded what was supposed to
be a IIIP manual, but it doesn't seem to pertain to what I have. I just want
to clean it to try to cut down on a streak up the right side of the paper.

Frank

Excuse me. The LEFT side of the paper.

--
Frank Henderson
(I've totally eliminated spam via www.spamarrest.com.

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

I used to have one of those a *long* time ago :) I don'r remember ever
having to clean the corona wire, although I did have to run the cleaning
cycle periodically. In case you don't have the information on the cleaning
cycle, see the reference below (but watch out for wrap in the URL). If the
streak is a black streak, that sounds more like dirty rollers and other
parts in the paper path. The cleaning cycle prints a "cleaning page" and
then uses that page upside-down, as I recall. I don't know why it worked,
but it did take care of black streaks.

Don

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?locale=en_US&taskId=125&prodSeriesId=25489&prodTypeId=18972&objectID=bpl06139

"Frank Henderson" <hfrankjr@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Could anyone tell me how to access the corona wire in an HP Laserjet IIIP?
> Is it inside the cartridge by any chance? I downloaded what was supposed
> be a IIIP manual, but it doesn't seem to pertain to what I have. I just
want
> to clean it to try to cut down on a streak up the right side of the paper.
>
> Frank

Alan

"Frank Henderson" <hfrankjr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<GPhdc.11667$M3.1844@twister.nyroc.rr.com>...
> Could anyone tell me how to access the corona wire in an HP Laserjet IIIP?
> Is it inside the cartridge by any chance? I downloaded what was supposed to
> be a IIIP manual, but it doesn't seem to pertain to what I have. I just want
> to clean it to try to cut down on a streak up the right side of the paper.

The IIIP doesn't have a corona wire. See
<http://www.printerworks.com/Printers/LaserJet_IIP_IIIP.html>

Where did you find the manual you mention?

www.2manuals.com Thanks for your help, fellows. I had bought this old thing
for our church from a company going out of business and didn't get any
literature with it at all. I've replaced several of the rollers, etc. but
didn't know about the no coronoa wire thing. Thanks again.

--
Frank

sounds more like the toner cartridge try swapping one for your first
even a low one