0-35G Mouse Problem

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

I have an AOpen 0-35G optical mouse that connects to the computer via the
USB 2.0 port. It works great normally, but unfortunatly I'm running into
some trouble... after a while, and I have no idea what triggers it, the
mouse will simply freeze on the screen. The keyboard will still work fine,
nothing else has happened, except the mouse will have froze, this can happen
in games, or on the desktop. The lights in the mouse are still on, but
neither the optical censor or buttons will function.

My operating system is Windows XP Pro with SP1. I'd appreciate any help that
can be given, I like this mouse. I've already checked that the option that
allows inactive USB devices to be switched off is disabled, and it is,
because it's simply faded out. I'm using the latest drivers for mouse,
downloaded straight off the website yesterday.

What's going on?

Thanks, Chris.

"The Berzerker" <Berzerker@wooooooo.com> wrote in message news:<4155d5dd$0$20247$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com>...
> I have an AOpen 0-35G optical mouse that connects to the computer via the
> USB 2.0 port. It works great normally, but unfortunatly I'm running into
> some trouble... after a while, and I have no idea what triggers it, the
> mouse will simply freeze on the screen. The keyboard will still work fine,
> nothing else has happened, except the mouse will have froze, this can happen
> in games, or on the desktop. The lights in the mouse are still on, but
> neither the optical censor or buttons will function.
>
> My operating system is Windows XP Pro with SP1. I'd appreciate any help that
> can be given, I like this mouse. I've already checked that the option that
> allows inactive USB devices to be switched off is disabled, and it is,
> because it's simply faded out. I'm using the latest drivers for mouse,
> downloaded straight off the website yesterday.
>
> What's going on?
>
> Thanks, Chris.

For a quick fix, just use a Gnu/Linux live cd like Knoppix, Morphix,
Mepis, make sure its a current version. Then boot up with that and see
if it is recognized, all the buttons might not work, but the cursor,
right left middle button should work.

If it does work, and no lockups then I would suspect a Windows XP
problem. You might have to backup your system, and reinstall
everything. While your at it you might was well install SP2 to make it
current.

Gnu_Raiz

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

"The Berzerker" <Berzerker@wooooooo.com> wrote in message
> I have an AOpen 0-35G optical mouse that connects to the computer via the
> USB 2.0 port. It works great normally, but unfortunatly I'm running into
> some trouble... after a while, and I have no idea what triggers it, the
> mouse will simply freeze on the screen. The keyboard will still work fine,
> nothing else has happened, except the mouse will have froze, this can
happen
> in games, or on the desktop. The lights in the mouse are still on, but
> neither the optical censor or buttons will function.
>
> My operating system is Windows XP Pro with SP1. I'd appreciate any help
that
> can be given, I like this mouse. I've already checked that the option that
> allows inactive USB devices to be switched off is disabled, and it is,
> because it's simply faded out. I'm using the latest drivers for mouse,
> downloaded straight off the website yesterday.
>
> What's going on?
>
> Thanks, Chris.

I installed the 331 drivers rather than the 332 ones, and it hasn't froze
yet. All is well!