Help Needed with Third Party Ink Cartridges

I have an Epson Photo 820 printer. As with any other printer, the ink
cartridges from Epson are rather pricey. So I ordered third party cartridges
online. I have tried www.PrintPal.com, great prices & free shipping, but it
seems every other color cartridge doesn't print. I then tried
www.inkjetcartridges.com. Even worse results. They offered a great price on
a package deal 3 black & 2 color cartridges. The first 2 black cartridges
didn't print. Didn't bother with the others. Emailed them & got no response.
Anyone have similar problems? Am I just buying from the wrong sources? Are
all third party cartridges a hit or miss deal? Any suggestions on better
companies or is it just my sh_tty luck?

bill

MikeLens wrote:

>I have an Epson Photo 820 printer. As with any other printer, the ink
>cartridges from Epson are rather pricey. So I ordered third party cartridges
>online. I have tried www.PrintPal.com, great prices & free shipping, but it
>seems every other color cartridge doesn't print. I then tried
>www.inkjetcartridges.com. Even worse results. They offered a great price on
>a package deal 3 black & 2 color cartridges. The first 2 black cartridges
>didn't print. Didn't bother with the others. Emailed them & got no response.
>Anyone have similar problems? Am I just buying from the wrong sources? Are
>all third party cartridges a hit or miss deal? Any suggestions on better
>companies or is it just my sh_tty luck?

I think there are some good companies out there that provide a very good
product at a reasonable price (read: much cheaper than OEM).

But there are ten times as many ripoff companies out there, and I think
it's just been your "shitty luck" that you've picked the wrong ones.

I don't use Epson printers, but I can tell you that I get excellent
results using AtlanticInkjet refills and bulk ink in my Canon i850. I
have yet to try their compatible cartridges, however I have had dialog
with them about compatibles and will likely try a set in the not too
distant future. I would certainly feel much better buying compatibles
from them than most other vendors on the net.

I'm sure others will mention some other vendors to try as well.

[This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent to
the cited author.]

In article <nUldc.19428$Po2.7239461@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,
mikelens@optonline.net says...
> I have an Epson Photo 820 printer. As with any other printer, the ink
> cartridges from Epson are rather pricey. So I ordered third party cartridges
> online. I have tried www.PrintPal.com, great prices & free shipping, but it
> seems every other color cartridge doesn't print. I then tried
> www.inkjetcartridges.com. Even worse results. They offered a great price on
> a package deal 3 black & 2 color cartridges. The first 2 black cartridges
> didn't print. Didn't bother with the others. Emailed them & got no response.
> Anyone have similar problems? Am I just buying from the wrong sources? Are
> all third party cartridges a hit or miss deal? Any suggestions on better
> companies or is it just my sh_tty luck?

The May 2004 issue of Consumer Reports has a test of several off-brand
ink cartridges. The results were not good. Most had color and fading
problems compared with OEM. Further, not all were a good deal. Some cost
as much as or MORE than OEM cartridges.

One brand wasn't even ranked because most cartridges were either
defective or had the wrong color inks!

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

Mike I have been in the toner and inkjet business since 1991. I sell several
hundred compatible inkjet cartridges a month and never had anyone complain
they don't work. I have a photographer friend who buys all his Epson
compatible cartridges from me and loves them. Send me your bad cartridges
and I will replace them free. By the way, I used to swear by Epson but now I
recommend all my customers buy HP. That is any HP without a chipped
cartridge. Pete
"MikeLens" <mikelens@optonline.net> wrote in message
> I have an Epson Photo 820 printer. As with any other printer, the ink
> cartridges from Epson are rather pricey. So I ordered third party
cartridges
> online. I have tried www.PrintPal.com, great prices & free shipping, but
it
> seems every other color cartridge doesn't print. I then tried
> www.inkjetcartridges.com. Even worse results. They offered a great price
on
> a package deal 3 black & 2 color cartridges. The first 2 black cartridges
> didn't print. Didn't bother with the others. Emailed them & got no
response.
> Anyone have similar problems? Am I just buying from the wrong sources? Are
> all third party cartridges a hit or miss deal? Any suggestions on better
> companies or is it just my sh_tty luck?

Do you do Canon 6 series tanks for an i960?

"Pete" <ppremock1@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
: Mike I have been in the toner and inkjet business since 1991. I sell
several
: hundred compatible inkjet cartridges a month and never had anyone complain
: they don't work. I have a photographer friend who buys all his Epson
: compatible cartridges from me and loves them. Send me your bad cartridges
: and I will replace them free. By the way, I used to swear by Epson but now
: recommend all my customers buy HP. That is any HP without a chipped
: cartridge. Pete
:: >
:
:

Stevie

You get what you pay for, chiepie

"Andrew Rossmann" <andysnewsreply@no_junk.comcast.net> wrote in message
> [This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent to
> the cited author.]
>
> In article <nUldc.19428$Po2.7239461@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net>,
> mikelens@optonline.net says...
> > I have an Epson Photo 820 printer. As with any other printer, the ink
> > cartridges from Epson are rather pricey. So I ordered third party
cartridges
> > online. I have tried www.PrintPal.com, great prices & free shipping, but
it
> > seems every other color cartridge doesn't print. I then tried
> > www.inkjetcartridges.com. Even worse results. They offered a great price
on
> > a package deal 3 black & 2 color cartridges. The first 2 black
cartridges
> > didn't print. Didn't bother with the others. Emailed them & got no
response.
> > Anyone have similar problems? Am I just buying from the wrong sources?
Are
> > all third party cartridges a hit or miss deal? Any suggestions on better
> > companies or is it just my sh_tty luck?
>
> The May 2004 issue of Consumer Reports has a test of several off-brand
> ink cartridges. The results were not good. Most had color and fading
> problems compared with OEM. Further, not all were a good deal. Some cost
> as much as or MORE than OEM cartridges.
>
> One brand wasn't even ranked because most cartridges were either
> defective or had the wrong color inks!
>
> --
> If there is a no_junk in my address, please REMOVE it before replying!
> All junk mail senders will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the
> law!!
> http://home.att.net/~andyross

Andrew Rossmann" <andysnewsreply@no_junk.comcast.net> wrote in message

> The May 2004 issue of Consumer Reports has a test of several off-brand
> ink cartridges. The results were not good. Most had color and fading
> problems compared with OEM. Further, not all were a good deal. Some cost
> as much as or MORE than OEM cartridges.
>
> One brand wasn't even ranked because most cartridges were either
> defective or had the wrong color inks!

On the other hand the April 2004 edition of Australian PC User tested
cheapies vs genuine and could find no difference between then, with the
exception of a minor adverse difference for HP. As a result the editors
recommended buying Chinese-made cheapies.

In article <4078b465$0$4544$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>,
bernardmorey@optusnet.com.au says...
> Andrew Rossmann" <andysnewsreply@no_junk.comcast.net> wrote in message
>
> > The May 2004 issue of Consumer Reports has a test of several off-brand
> > ink cartridges. The results were not good. Most had color and fading
> > problems compared with OEM. Further, not all were a good deal. Some cost
> > as much as or MORE than OEM cartridges.
> >
> > One brand wasn't even ranked because most cartridges were either
> > defective or had the wrong color inks!
>
> On the other hand the April 2004 edition of Australian PC User tested
> cheapies vs genuine and could find no difference between then, with the
> exception of a minor adverse difference for HP. As a result the editors
> recommended buying Chinese-made cheapies.

Did they test for fading? Did they test for ink bleeding? Did they
compare colors?

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 00:13:07 GMT, "MikeLens" <mikelens@optonline.net>
wrote:

>I have an Epson Photo 820 printer. As with any other printer, the ink
>cartridges from Epson are rather pricey. So I ordered third party cartridges
>online. I have tried www.PrintPal.com, great prices & free shipping, but it
>seems every other color cartridge doesn't print. I then tried
>www.inkjetcartridges.com. Even worse results. They offered a great price on
>a package deal 3 black & 2 color cartridges. The first 2 black cartridges
>didn't print. Didn't bother with the others. Emailed them & got no response.
>Anyone have similar problems? Am I just buying from the wrong sources? Are
>all third party cartridges a hit or miss deal? Any suggestions on better
>companies or is it just my sh_tty luck?

MIS (my favorite)
Lyson
Weink
ColorBat
**************************
Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

> In article <4078b465$0$4544$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>,

> > On the other hand the April 2004 edition of Australian PC User tested
> > cheapies vs genuine and could find no difference between then, with the
> > exception of a minor adverse difference for HP. As a result the editors
> > recommended buying Chinese-made cheapies.
>
> Did they test for fading? Did they test for ink bleeding? Did they
> compare colors?

Yes to all three.
Cheap is as functional as original.

In article <407a3ae9$0$4543$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>,
walterplinge@optusnet.com.au says...
> "Andrew Rossmann" <andysnewsreply@no_junk.comcast.net> wrote in message
> > In article <4078b465$0$4544$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>,
>
> > > On the other hand the April 2004 edition of Australian PC User tested
> > > cheapies vs genuine and could find no difference between then, with the
> > > exception of a minor adverse difference for HP. As a result the editors
> > > recommended buying Chinese-made cheapies.
> >
> > Did they test for fading? Did they test for ink bleeding? Did they
> > compare colors?
>
> Yes to all three.
> Cheap is as functional as original.

So which brands did they approve of? Are they available outside of
Australia?

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross

> > > Did they test for fading? Did they test for ink bleeding? Did they
> > > compare colors?
> >
> > Yes to all three.
> > Cheap is as functional as original.
>
> So which brands did they approve of? Are they available outside of
> Australia?

Canon: MMC GC-00024CMY and GC-00024Bk

Epson: Tonny T038 & T039, MMC GE-0T038 and GE-0T039

HP: Inkcart IH-28 and IH-27 (rated as not good value)

TRENDING THREADS