AX6BC Motherboard

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

I have a AX6BC motherboard ont he way to me. I am going to put aP3 500Mhz
CPU into it. Should the memory speed be matched to theCPU bus speed (in this
case 100MHz) or will 133Mhz SDRAM be OK with this CPU?

---

Neil Purling wrote:
> I have a AX6BC motherboard ont he way to me. I am going to put aP3 500Mhz
> CPU into it. Should the memory speed be matched to theCPU bus speed (in this
> case 100MHz) or will 133Mhz SDRAM be OK with this CPU?

133 MHz SDRAM will work with the AX6BC, but will run at 100 MHz. If you
want to use 256 MB memory sticks, you may want to check the memory FAQs
for the 440BX chipset at

http://homepage.hispeed.ch/rscheidegger/ram_bx_faq.html