Fastest AX6BC PC100 CPU?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

If I understand the archives correctly, it appears that the fastest
Slot 1 CPU the AX6BC will take is a 1GHz, requiring PC133(?) RAM

What is the fastest PC100 CPU?
Thank you,
Lance

Have Matrox G200 installed (and G400 available)

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

The 1 GHz P3 came in two formats. A FCPGA part with a 133 MHz bus and a
SECC2 part with a 100 MHz FSB. For most BX based motherboards, you'll need
the 100 MHz version.

On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 09:13:04 -0800, alancemor wrote:

> If I understand the archives correctly, it appears that the fastest Slot 1
> CPU the AX6BC will take is a 1GHz, requiring PC133(?) RAM
>
> What is the fastest PC100 CPU?
> Thank you,
> Lance

Well I run my system with a Socket 370 Coppermine 1.1Ghz, at 11x100Mhz
FSB. That's the fastest 100FSB chip I could find. Mind you, I need a
slot1->socket370 converter.

--
to email me remove the word "NOT" from my addy

#politics irc.austnet.org (the aussie politics channel!)
#political_forum irc.undernet.org

"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are
conservatives." - John Stuart Mill

VincentGagnon

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
Dear support,

I did some more reading, I have more information that helps me to believe the AX6BC will work with the Intel® Pentium® III Processor 1 GHz Bus Speed 133 MHz model #SL4BS (For more info: http://processorfinder.intel.com/details.aspx?sSpec=SL4BS)

First, while looking at the Manual for the AX6BC; it says "This CPU core voltage is automatically detected, the range is from 1.3V to 3.5V." The SL4BS is running at 1.7V

Second, in the Manual it also states that; "This high performance AX6BC motherboard is designed for maximum 100MHZ CPU bus block. But it comes with clock generator of 153Mhz when we design it to accomodate future CPU bus block. Our lab test results shown that 133.3MHz is achievable when proper stting and quality components were presented, we feel quite comfortable overclocking to 133.3Mhz. Not only that, AX6BC has full-range (CPU core voltage) settings and up to 8x CPU ratio)"

Considering this, I believe there should be no troubles to run the SL4BS processor with a FSB of 133MHz. Can you help to confirm this fact? Is there anything else I should worry about?

Am I provinding enough information?

Thank you for your help guys, I am trying to upgrade a computer for a local youth hostel with a very low budget.

Sincerely,

Vincent