Need help w/ Wireless Networking *BADLY*

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
November 26, 2004 8:17:01 PM

ok here is my info

Host pc: Sony Vaio/Microsoft Braodband modem/Wireless router(Netgear)/Win Xp
Guest(me): Laptop: Toshiba Satellit P25-S5093/build-in WiFi/Win Xp
Guest(other person): Sony Vaio/wireless adapter(netgear)/Win Xp

So, when we make a network(through the wizard), we all have internet. Good!
The problem is that when we share a printer, we cannot access it, and in
entire network not all show(sometimes they do, sometimes they dont). When we
click on another persons pc, it gives an error message: "You do not have
permission...bla bla bla...."

So my question is,.....How do I slove this problem? :)
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
November 27, 2004 4:38:00 AM

do it in admin mode, not guest, then enable guests to have permission to
use/view objects

mike

"BigTGames" <BigTGames@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ok here is my info
>
> Host pc: Sony Vaio/Microsoft Braodband modem/Wireless router(Netgear)/Win
Xp
> Guest(me): Laptop: Toshiba Satellit P25-S5093/build-in WiFi/Win Xp
> Guest(other person): Sony Vaio/wireless adapter(netgear)/Win Xp
>
> So, when we make a network(through the wizard), we all have internet.
Good!
> The problem is that when we share a printer, we cannot access it, and in
> entire network not all show(sometimes they do, sometimes they dont). When
we
> click on another persons pc, it gives an error message: "You do not have
> permission...bla bla bla...."
>
> So my question is,.....How do I slove this problem? :)

---
a b F Wireless
November 27, 2004 4:38:01 AM

How do you put it in admin mode?

"mikeFNB" wrote:

> do it in admin mode, not guest, then enable guests to have permission to
> use/view objects
>

> mike
>
> "BigTGames" <BigTGames@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > ok here is my info
> >
> > Host pc: Sony Vaio/Microsoft Braodband modem/Wireless router(Netgear)/Win
> Xp
> > Guest(me): Laptop: Toshiba Satellit P25-S5093/build-in WiFi/Win Xp
> > Guest(other person): Sony Vaio/wireless adapter(netgear)/Win Xp
> >
> > So, when we make a network(through the wizard), we all have internet.
> Good!
> > The problem is that when we share a printer, we cannot access it, and in
> > entire network not all show(sometimes they do, sometimes they dont). When
> we
> > click on another persons pc, it gives an error message: "You do not have
> > permission...bla bla bla...."
> >
> > So my question is,.....How do I slove this problem? :)
>

> ---

a b F Wireless
November 27, 2004 5:19:20 AM

log in as a user with admin rights.

> How do you put it in admin mode?
>
> "mikeFNB" wrote:
>
> > do it in admin mode, not guest, then enable guests to have permission to
> > use/view objects
> >

> > mike
> >
> > "BigTGames" <BigTGames@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > ok here is my info
> > >
> > > Host pc: Sony Vaio/Microsoft Braodband modem/Wireless
router(Netgear)/Win
> > Xp
> > > Guest(me): Laptop: Toshiba Satellit P25-S5093/build-in WiFi/Win Xp
> > > Guest(other person): Sony Vaio/wireless adapter(netgear)/Win Xp
> > >
> > > So, when we make a network(through the wizard), we all have internet.
> > Good!
> > > The problem is that when we share a printer, we cannot access it, and
in
> > > entire network not all show(sometimes they do, sometimes they dont).
When
> > we
> > > click on another persons pc, it gives an error message: "You do not
have
> > > permission...bla bla bla...."
> > >
> > > So my question is,.....How do I slove this problem? :)
> >

> > ---

---
a b F Wireless
November 27, 2004 5:19:21 AM

and then.......?

"mikeFNB" wrote:

> log in as a user with admin rights.
> mike
>
> "BigTGames" <BigTGames@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do you put it in admin mode?
> >
> > "mikeFNB" wrote:
> >
> > > do it in admin mode, not guest, then enable guests to have permission to
> > > use/view objects
> > >

> > > mike
> > >
> > > "BigTGames" <BigTGames@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> router(Netgear)/Win