JeN

Hello,

I restarted my computer and when I did it is only showing
a black screen. When I aptempted to reboot in safe mode
again a black screen with safe mode in the corners. Each
time it reboots, the system comes up with a screen with
the options:

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with the command line

Last known settings

Start normally

Each time I try these options I just get a black screen.
Is there any possiblity that I can recover the system?

I restarted since I had not rebooted in a while and the
system kept locking up. Additionally, my email was
undergoing some serious problems ie it was taking a long
time to receive emails. I scan my computer each day for
viruses and worms...I need the files on my computer as
they are extremely important to our organization.

Any ideas? I would like to be able to recover everything
if at all possible.

I would appreciate any help!

Jen, next time you get to the Menu select Safe Mode with Command Line.
Try the below link
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;304449

If no help there then check here

"Jen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I restarted my computer and when I did it is only showing
> a black screen. When I aptempted to reboot in safe mode
> again a black screen with safe mode in the corners. Each
> time it reboots, the system comes up with a screen with
> the options:
>
> Safe Mode
> Safe Mode with Networking
> Safe Mode with the command line
>
> Last known settings
>
> Start normally
>
> Each time I try these options I just get a black screen.
> Is there any possiblity that I can recover the system?
>
> I restarted since I had not rebooted in a while and the
> system kept locking up. Additionally, my email was
> undergoing some serious problems ie it was taking a long
> time to receive emails. I scan my computer each day for
> viruses and worms...I need the files on my computer as
> they are extremely important to our organization.
>
> Any ideas? I would like to be able to recover everything
> if at all possible.
>
> I would appreciate any help!

TRENDING THREADS