AX6BC hard drive support for 200gb

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
December 28, 2004 8:52:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

Will my AX6BC with bios version R2.55 support a 200gb drive?

The latest version I see on the aopen website is R2.59

If my current bios wont support the drive, can I update to R2.59 and will
it then support the drive?

TIA
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 2, 2005 4:40:37 PM

nop90 wrote:
> Will my AX6BC with bios version R2.55 support a 200gb drive?
>
> The latest version I see on the aopen website is R2.59
>
> If my current bios wont support the drive, can I update to R2.59 and will
> it then support the drive?
>
> TIA

Sorry, no. The largest would be 128 GB. You would need an ATA
controller card to support larger HDs.
!