HDD shows as raw partition!

Hi, i have a seagate 200gb hdd which i formatted 2weeks
ago in 1 partition. All was fine until one day i turned
on the pc and under my computer my partition on the
seagate drive was shown as "Local Disk" and unformatted!
When i double clicked on it it said "Hard drive is not
formatted, format now?". It has happened to me before in
a different pc configuration. Is there any way to fix the
partition? i had about 120gb of data in it.... Ive tried
moving ide cables jumpers but with no luck... Please help
me, thank you

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:36:14 -0700, "Leonidas Plakidas"

>Hi, i have a seagate 200gb hdd which i formatted 2weeks
>ago in 1 partition. All was fine until one day i turned
>on the pc and under my computer my partition on the
>seagate drive was shown as "Local Disk" and unformatted!
>When i double clicked on it it said "Hard drive is not
>formatted, format now?". It has happened to me before in
>a different pc configuration. Is there any way to fix the
>partition? i had about 120gb of data in it.... Ive tried
>moving ide cables jumpers but with no luck... Please help
>me, thank you

See Help and Support on troubleshooting on 'Disk status descriptions'.
Try using chkdsk /f to fix problems on a partition or use a third
party tool such as Norton DiskDoctor.

Peter Hutchison
Windows FAQ
http://www.pcguru.plus.com/