windows media player

When I attempt to access windows media player I get the error message "internal application error". Problem has been ongoing for a few weeks.Just realized the "817787 Security Update for Windows Media Player" was installed on Wednesday March 31,2004. Is this a coincidence ? Any ideas how I can fix this ?....Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about windows media player

    Hi,

    I understand that you are unable to access the Windows Media Player
    application. The system displays the following error message:

    "Internal Application Error"

    Please follow these steps to resolve the issue:

    1. Click Start -> Run
    2. Type cmd -> OK
    3. Type regsvr32 jscript.dll <enter>
    4. Check if the issue is resolved. If the issue persists, uninstall Windows
    media player.
    5. Type regsvr32 /u jscript.dll in the command prompt
    6. Download the latest version of Windows media player and install it.

    Now please check if the issue is resolved.

    Thank you,

    Rashmi

    --------------------
    | From: "=?Utf-8?B?amltL3NoYWxlcg==?=" <james.martin191@verizon.net>
    | Subject: windows media player
    | Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 19:36:02 -0700
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
    |
    | When I attempt to access windows media player I get the error message
    "internal application error". Problem has been ongoing for a few weeks.Just
    realized the "817787 Security Update for Windows Media Player" was
    installed on Wednesday March 31,2004. Is this a coincidence ? Any ideas how
    I can fix this ?....Thanks

Hardware Microsoft Error Message Media Player Windows XP