HDD Detection time

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

I know that hdd detection times are different by mainboards(or chipset?).
Anyone knows where i can find these information?

"what" (nospam.forsong74@hotmail.com) writes:
> I know that hdd detection times are different by mainboards(or chipset?).
> Anyone knows where i can find these information?

In my experience it's taken less than a second or so to detect a healthy
hard drive. I don't recall seeing any spec. information anywhere
documenting this.