svchost.exe

Occasionally svchost.exe maxes out my cpu to 99-100% and
i need to reboot my PC to get rid of this as all my other
applications come to a grainding halt. Anyone got any
ideas to why this is happening and how to rectify it?
2 answers Last reply
More about svchost

    Kris, just type Svchost.exe causing 100% CPU Usage in WinXP in Google.
    Plenty of hits.

    "Rich Barry" <rbarry@NOTsocal.rr.com> wrote in message news:<OpyU9A0JEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
    > Kris, just type Svchost.exe causing 100% CPU Usage in WinXP in Google.
    > Plenty of hits.
    > "Kris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Occasionally svchost.exe maxes out my cpu to 99-100% and
    > > i need to reboot my PC to get rid of this as all my other
    > > applications come to a grainding halt. Anyone got any
    > > ideas to why this is happening and how to rectify it?

    I am having the same trouble except my CPU usage is alright but the
    svchost.exe process there is about 7 processes that are relying on the
    svchost and my pagefile will increase to maximum then decrease back
    down but in the mean time the computer runs really slow. An error
    message appears saying the system page file is getting low on
    resources. I can't find any information on this and I would usually
    just reload the operating system but I have to much time on this to do
    so.

    Cheers,
    Jim Propert

Hardware Svchost.Exe Microsoft Windows XP