svchost.exe

April 20, 2004 8:03:35 AM

Occasionally svchost.exe maxes out my cpu to 99-100% and
i need to reboot my PC to get rid of this as all my other
applications come to a grainding halt. Anyone got any
ideas to why this is happening and how to rectify it?

More about : svchost exe

Anonymous
April 20, 2004 10:30:32 PM

Kris, just type Svchost.exe causing 100% CPU Usage in WinXP in Google.
Plenty of hits.
"Kris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Occasionally svchost.exe maxes out my cpu to 99-100% and
> i need to reboot my PC to get rid of this as all my other
> applications come to a grainding halt. Anyone got any
> ideas to why this is happening and how to rectify it?
Anonymous
May 13, 2004 9:01:10 PM

"Rich Barry" <rbarry@NOTsocal.rr.com> wrote in message news:<OpyU9A0JEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>...
> Kris, just type Svchost.exe causing 100% CPU Usage in WinXP in Google.
> Plenty of hits.
> "Kris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Occasionally svchost.exe maxes out my cpu to 99-100% and
> > i need to reboot my PC to get rid of this as all my other
> > applications come to a grainding halt. Anyone got any
> > ideas to why this is happening and how to rectify it?

I am having the same trouble except my CPU usage is alright but the
svchost.exe process there is about 7 processes that are relying on the
svchost and my pagefile will increase to maximum then decrease back
down but in the mean time the computer runs really slow. An error
message appears saying the system page file is getting low on
resources. I can't find any information on this and I would usually
just reload the operating system but I have to much time on this to do
so.

Cheers,
Jim Propert
!