Hard Drive Recognition with Norton Ghost

April 20, 2004 10:28:33 AM

My original configuration had a 1)Maxtor 20 gig drive in
my computer and 2)WD Caviar 40 gig drive in a USB 2.0
Kanguru external hard drive kit. I was able to backup my
internal C drive to my external drive with Norton Ghost
without a problem. When Norton Ghost reboots,it restarts
the computer in a virtual dos partition, and accesses the
external drive with a driver aspiehci.sys.

I have now replaced the Maxtor drive with another WD
Caviar. So now I have an internal and external WD Caviar
drive. If I boot up normally with XP, my computer sees
all drives withoug a problem.

However, when I try to backup using Norton Ghost, , it
does not recognize the internal drive, only the external
drive. It is as if the internal c:\ drive does not
exist. However, if I turn off the external drive, then
the Norton Ghost program does recognize the internal
drive. I have played with the jumper settings, bios, and
the driver, but nothing seems to work. Any thoughts?
April 20, 2004 7:51:02 PM

What version of Ghost?

Is the 'new' drive formatted NTFS.

If you have older versions of Ghost, they do not recognise NTFS drives or partitions.
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 10:18:16 AM

I have ghost 2003 and the new drive is ntfs.

!