Hard Drive Recognition with Norton Ghost

My original configuration had a 1)Maxtor 20 gig drive in
my computer and 2)WD Caviar 40 gig drive in a USB 2.0
Kanguru external hard drive kit. I was able to backup my
internal C drive to my external drive with Norton Ghost
without a problem. When Norton Ghost reboots,it restarts
the computer in a virtual dos partition, and accesses the
external drive with a driver aspiehci.sys.

I have now replaced the Maxtor drive with another WD
Caviar. So now I have an internal and external WD Caviar
drive. If I boot up normally with XP, my computer sees
all drives withoug a problem.

However, when I try to backup using Norton Ghost, , it
does not recognize the internal drive, only the external
drive. It is as if the internal c:\ drive does not
exist. However, if I turn off the external drive, then
the Norton Ghost program does recognize the internal
drive. I have played with the jumper settings, bios, and
the driver, but nothing seems to work. Any thoughts?
2 answers Last reply
More about hard drive recognition norton ghost

    What version of Ghost?

    Is the 'new' drive formatted NTFS.

    If you have older versions of Ghost, they do not recognise NTFS drives or partitions.

    I have ghost 2003 and the new drive is ntfs.

Western Digital Norton Windows XP