Sidewinder game pad pro with xp

Hi, I've had my game pad for sometime, everything was ok
untill I plugged it when a game was loading up and then
it started to behave badly:
the d-pad is not functionning anymore, it stays on the
bottom right even after recalibration. All the other
buttons are working. Even if I restart windows, unplug
it, remove it from my system in the device manager, it 's
still the same.
I've tried it on my other PC and it works fine. So it's
only a software problem, and I think I just need to reset
the usb ports or something but I don't know how to do
that with XP.
Thank you
4 answers Last reply
More about sidewinder game

    Anybody got any ideas?
    Anybody know how do you reset the USBs in win XP?

    Try uninstalling the device in Device Manager.

    1. Click Start.
    2. Right Click My Computer.
    3. Select Hardware tab.
    4. Click Device Manager
    5. Expand the Human Interface Devices section if it isn't already expanded.
    6. Select the device. There is probably 2 entries for the device. One
    HID-compliant game controller and one USB Human Interface Device.
    7. Click Action -> Uninstall for each entry.
    8. After all desired devices are uninstalled select Action -> Scan for
    Hardware Changes.

    That will reinstall all the necessary files for the device as if it was
    plugged in for the first time. Hope that helps. If you have more questions
    let me know.

    Joshua Smith
    DirectInput and OpenGL Test Labs
    Microsoft
    -----

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

    "K Myst" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Anybody got any ideas?
    > Anybody know how do you reset the USBs in win XP?

    Hi thank you for your reply, but I tried that already. It
    seems that the driver is corrupted for some reason. Is
    there a way to reset it using the Windows CD?

    You could try doing the same thing for your USB controllers. You should also
    see if there are updated drivers for your USB controller. If that doesn't
    work either I don't think there is an "easy way" at this point. If you have
    an actual WindowsXP install disk you can put that in your cd-rom and run the
    following command: d:\i386\winnt32.exe /unattend
    That will reinstall Windows and use the current Windows setting to answer
    setup questions. Most if not all your installed programs should still
    function fine after, and things like your My Documents folder should be
    fine, but as with any major project you should backup your important data
    first.

    > Hi thank you for your reply, but I tried that already. It
    > seems that the driver is corrupted for some reason. Is
    > there a way to reset it using the Windows CD?

Games Windows XP