Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Microsoft PS/2 Mouse

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
April 20, 2004 3:48:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Can someone please assist me. I just bought a new Gateway E4100 computer
and
it came with a Microsoft PS/2 mouse, driver 5.1.2600.0 dated 7/1/2001. When
I send e-mail and go to select names from my contact list it does not
scrool
using the mouse wheel. Can anyone advise me how to get the wheel to work
when selecting contacts, perhaps a new driver. If a new driver please
advise
me where and what to download.
Also
Is there a way to just use one clik instead of two when clicking on a
desktop icon? I looked at the Mouse attributes in the control panel but it
does not have that as an option. If not possible can anyone advise me of a
good PS/2 mouse that has that option.
Thanking you in advance,
Patrick

More about : microsoft mouse

April 21, 2004 2:17:31 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

In article <OGhvJdvJEHA.2844@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
panamapatrick@nospam.hotmail.com says...
>
> Can someone please assist me. I just bought a new Gateway E4100 computer
> and
> it came with a Microsoft PS/2 mouse, driver 5.1.2600.0 dated 7/1/2001. When
> I send e-mail and go to select names from my contact list it does not
> scrool
> using the mouse wheel. Can anyone advise me how to get the wheel to work
> when selecting contacts, perhaps a new driver. If a new driver please
> advise
> me where and what to download.

What program are you using for email? Outlook Express?
Does the wheel work elsewhere?

> Also
> Is there a way to just use one clik instead of two when clicking on a
> desktop icon? I looked at the Mouse attributes in the control panel but it
> does not have that as an option. If not possible can anyone advise me of a
> good PS/2 mouse that has that option.

To change this behaviour open Windows Explorer. In the menu bar choose
'Options' and then 'Folder Options'. Set your clicking option as
desired.

--
Howie
"The very belief that violence is unavoidable
is a root cause of violence."
Samdhong Rinpoche
1st Democratically Elected Chairman of the
Tibetan Cabinet-in-Exile
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 2:17:32 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Howie:
I am using Outlook Express, latest version and the Wheel does work
elsewhere.
Patrick

"lllusion" <yeahright@microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1aefa3c686b8c4cf9896ea@news.microsoft.com...
> In article <OGhvJdvJEHA.2844@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
> panamapatrick@nospam.hotmail.com says...
> >
> > Can someone please assist me. I just bought a new Gateway E4100
computer
> > and
> > it came with a Microsoft PS/2 mouse, driver 5.1.2600.0 dated 7/1/2001.
When
> > I send e-mail and go to select names from my contact list it does not
> > scrool
> > using the mouse wheel. Can anyone advise me how to get the wheel to
work
> > when selecting contacts, perhaps a new driver. If a new driver please
> > advise
> > me where and what to download.
>
> What program are you using for email? Outlook Express?
> Does the wheel work elsewhere?
>
> > Also
> > Is there a way to just use one clik instead of two when clicking on a
> > desktop icon? I looked at the Mouse attributes in the control panel but
it
> > does not have that as an option. If not possible can anyone advise me
of a
> > good PS/2 mouse that has that option.
>
> To change this behaviour open Windows Explorer. In the menu bar choose
> 'Options' and then 'Folder Options'. Set your clicking option as
> desired.
>
> --
> Howie
> "The very belief that violence is unavoidable
> is a root cause of violence."
> Samdhong Rinpoche
> 1st Democratically Elected Chairman of the
> Tibetan Cabinet-in-Exile
April 23, 2004 11:49:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

In article <#idtNQ0JEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
panamapatrick@nospam.hotmail.com says...
> I am using Outlook Express, latest version and the Wheel does work
> elsewhere.
>
Hmm, I dunno. Maybe an MVP has some ideas.
Sorry.

--
Howie
"The very belief that violence is unavoidable
is a root cause of violence."
Samdhong Rinpoche
1st Democratically Elected Chairman of the
Tibetan Cabinet-in-Exile
!