Microsoft PS/2 Mouse

Can someone please assist me. I just bought a new Gateway E4100 computer
and
it came with a Microsoft PS/2 mouse, driver 5.1.2600.0 dated 7/1/2001. When
I send e-mail and go to select names from my contact list it does not
scrool
using the mouse wheel. Can anyone advise me how to get the wheel to work
when selecting contacts, perhaps a new driver. If a new driver please
advise
me where and what to download.
Also
Is there a way to just use one clik instead of two when clicking on a
desktop icon? I looked at the Mouse attributes in the control panel but it
does not have that as an option. If not possible can anyone advise me of a
good PS/2 mouse that has that option.
Thanking you in advance,
Patrick
3 answers Last reply
More about microsoft mouse

    In article <OGhvJdvJEHA.2844@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
    panamapatrick@nospam.hotmail.com says...

    > Can someone please assist me. I just bought a new Gateway E4100 computer
    > and
    > it came with a Microsoft PS/2 mouse, driver 5.1.2600.0 dated 7/1/2001. When
    > I send e-mail and go to select names from my contact list it does not
    > scrool
    > using the mouse wheel. Can anyone advise me how to get the wheel to work
    > when selecting contacts, perhaps a new driver. If a new driver please
    > advise
    > me where and what to download.

    What program are you using for email? Outlook Express?
    Does the wheel work elsewhere?

    > Also
    > Is there a way to just use one clik instead of two when clicking on a
    > desktop icon? I looked at the Mouse attributes in the control panel but it
    > does not have that as an option. If not possible can anyone advise me of a
    > good PS/2 mouse that has that option.

    To change this behaviour open Windows Explorer. In the menu bar choose
    'Options' and then 'Folder Options'. Set your clicking option as
    desired.

    --
    Howie
    "The very belief that violence is unavoidable

    Howie:
    I am using Outlook Express, latest version and the Wheel does work
    elsewhere.
    Patrick

    In article <#idtNQ0JEHA.556@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
    panamapatrick@nospam.hotmail.com says...
    > I am using Outlook Express, latest version and the Wheel does work
    > elsewhere.

    Hmm, I dunno. Maybe an MVP has some ideas.
    Sorry.

    --
    Howie
    "The very belief that violence is unavoidable
    is a root cause of violence."
    Samdhong Rinpoche
    1st Democratically Elected Chairman of the
    Tibetan Cabinet-in-Exile

Mice PS/2 Microsoft Windows XP