MS bluetooth mouse not openly recognizable?

Johnny

Perhaps am getting ahead of the possibilities but, just
bought the MS "Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer for
Bluetooth" thinking that I could use the PCMCIA bluetooth
card I had previously bought from belkin (and which works
great paired with my PDA and mobile) to connect. Thus,
one tranceiver and many, many peripherals - the wireless
laptop et al.

Unforunately, I cannot get the mouse to be detected
unless I use the MS tranceiver (which sticks out when
attached to my laptop and thus I'll probably break
eventually). Any suggestions?

P.S. Tried the belkins site but info there is very
generic stating that it is compatible with any device
that is conforms to the 1.1 standard (?)

Cheers,

Johnny

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=200583&pcount=&Product_Id=165833

Is this the product you have currently?
Just wanted to make sure,
Sitaraman

"Johnny" <anonymous@anon.com> wrote in message
> Perhaps am getting ahead of the possibilities but, just
> bought the MS "Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer for
> Bluetooth" thinking that I could use the PCMCIA bluetooth
> card I had previously bought from belkin (and which works
> great paired with my PDA and mobile) to connect. Thus,
> one tranceiver and many, many peripherals - the wireless
> laptop et al.
>
> Unforunately, I cannot get the mouse to be detected
> unless I use the MS tranceiver (which sticks out when
> attached to my laptop and thus I'll probably break
> eventually). Any suggestions?
>
> P.S. Tried the belkins site but info there is very
> generic stating that it is compatible with any device
> that is conforms to the 1.1 standard (?)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Johnny

Johnny

Hi Sitaraman,

you're right, that's my baby! Got any suggestions/
solutions/ suggested solutions?

Johnny

You say that you are able to connect the mouse using the MS BT transceiver
but not the Belkin one.

Did you try this by just swapping the transceivers or did you uninstall the
MS BT drivers before trying
the Belkin one?
You might want to try these steps.
Uninstall the Belkin drivers.
Then uninstall the MS BT driver completely ...follow the steps in the KB
article below.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;811805
Then reinstall only the Belkin and try again.
Idea being that since the Belkin transciever claims to support HID and the
MS BT mouse should connect to any transciever that supports HID, the
possibility remains that the MS drivers are somehow interfering with your
setup.
Do let us know how it goes.
Sitaraman