AC '97 drivers for WinXp?

Trying to use Boston Acoustic 735 digital speakers with
Realtek AC'97 soundcard and WinXp. Have tried
everything, making sure volumes are up, mute off, set to
digital output only, but cannot get sound. This is a
known issue, but I have yet to find a way to fix. I just
bought system in late March, and can find no newer
drivers from either Realtek or Microsoft. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Do you know the Make a Model of your Motherboard? You can go to their
website and see if there's an
updated audio driver for the AC' 97
"ShadowBeast" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Trying to use Boston Acoustic 735 digital speakers with
> Realtek AC'97 soundcard and WinXp. Have tried
> everything, making sure volumes are up, mute off, set to
> digital output only, but cannot get sound. This is a
> known issue, but I have yet to find a way to fix. I just
> bought system in late March, and can find no newer
> drivers from either Realtek or Microsoft. Any ideas?
> Thanks in advance

To use digital speakers with a sound card, the speaker jack must support the
digital signals. I do not believe that the AC'97 sound card has a digital
port. Check with the motherbaord maker's web site.