AX6BC CPU Upgrade to Upgradeware Slot-T adapter and Celero..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.aopen (More info?)

I have noticed that most of those who have done the above upgrade are
happy with the results. I am considering adding a bit of life to my
aging AX6BC motherboard by upgrading using the Upgradeware part.

I was wondering if there are any tricks to the installation? The photo
at the supplier website shows a large heat sink and fan arrangement and
I wondered if there were any physical restrictions limiting the
installation? Anything else I should be aware of before ordering the part?

Thanks in advance.
Rod

CARBON

On Tue, 31 May 2005 17:39:01 -0400, cc0039171 wrote:

> I have noticed that most of those who have done the above upgrade are
> happy with the results. I am considering adding a bit of life to my
> aging AX6BC motherboard by upgrading using the Upgradeware part.
>
> I was wondering if there are any tricks to the installation? The photo
> at the supplier website shows a large heat sink and fan arrangement and
> I wondered if there were any physical restrictions limiting the
> installation? Anything else I should be aware of before ordering the
> part?

I upgraded mine a year or two ago using a retail cpu+fan. It was a
straightforward install and it made a huge difference in performance.

Around the same time I picked up a pci ata100 hard drive controller
(http://www.directron.com/ultra100.html) and a new hard drive.

I suppose a brand new machine would be a lot faster, but this one runs
fine and is solid as a rock.