dvd burner not recognized in drive, no recording tab

If anyone can help. I believe this is a common problem.
My new dvd burner is not recognized under my computer,
dvd drive and therefore the properties of the drive does
not have a recording tab SO TO SET THE READ AND WRITE
SPEED OF THE BURNER. Ive tried Microsofts registry edit
but it did not work. Any help and I'll forever be in your
debt!
1 answer Last reply
More about burner recognized drive recording

    Windows XP does not have native DVD recording capability.
    Did you install a third-party DVD recording programs yet,
    such as NERO?

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "Rick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

    | If anyone can help. I believe this is a common problem.
    | My new dvd burner is not recognized under my computer,
    | dvd drive and therefore the properties of the drive does
    | not have a recording tab SO TO SET THE READ AND WRITE
    | SPEED OF THE BURNER. Ive tried Microsofts registry edit
    | but it did not work. Any help and I'll forever be in your
    | debt!

DVD Burner Windows XP