dvd burner not recognized in drive, no recording tab

April 20, 2004 11:37:01 PM

If anyone can help. I believe this is a common problem.
My new dvd burner is not recognized under my computer,
dvd drive and therefore the properties of the drive does
not have a recording tab SO TO SET THE READ AND WRITE
SPEED OF THE BURNER. Ive tried Microsofts registry edit
but it did not work. Any help and I'll forever be in your
debt!
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 1:44:05 AM

Windows XP does not have native DVD recording capability.
Did you install a third-party DVD recording programs yet,
such as NERO?

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP