Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

My Cd rom drive is not working properly. It has power, but when I put in the cd, it reads it and then nothing happens. I tried uninstalling the drivers for it and reinstalling them but they still dont' work. When I check the properties of both my cd rom and cd rw drive in the device manager it gives me this message for both of them:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

So I don't know how to reinstall the correct information. Can anybody help?

Thanks

peter

Hi,

Jason Tsang MVP wrote:

Goto http://www.aumha.org/a/xpcd.php#problems
See the second "problem" (read the caveats)
Run the provided registry patch

That should fix your problem (basically, a filter driver is missing or
non-operational, the registry patch will delete the filter drivers
references for your cdrom(s))

Basically, the reg file from above carries out the steps displayed at this
website in addition to removing some drivers that may have been used by
older versions of Easy CD Creator that are known to cause problems with
WinXP.

CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19,
or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP
;q314060]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];q314060

Hope it helps.

Peter