JC

Having compatibility issues with this monitor. Tries to
install every time the computer is restarted. Can I change
my monitor type to plug and play monitor and not give a
specific type and model #?

peter

Hi,

It may not be the monitor, display drivers and improper settings may also caused this.
Try boot in safe mode and login as adminstrator.
If you can start the computer in safe mode (start the computer and press F8 key):

Right click My Computer/prpoerties/click the Advanced tab, click the Settings button in the Startup and Recovery.
In the System failure area, uncheck the box "Automatically restart" and then click OK.
Restart the computer as normal, you may receive a BSOD (Blue Screen of death) warning messages.
Post back the messages to the NG so that someone may help you to resolve the problems.

BTW, if you even can't boot in safe mode, try use other monitor to check if it can bootup.
If yes, go to My Computer and uncheck the auto -restart feature as A/M then and post back.

Peter

----- JC wrote: -----

Having compatibility issues with this monitor. Tries to
install every time the computer is restarted. Can I change
my monitor type to plug and play monitor and not give a
specific type and model #?

peter

Hi,

P.S.

Also check the monitor cable to ensure both ends are well connected.
Also, if you can boot in safe mode, try lower the display resolution and refresh rate settings and set the acceleration rate to mininum for trouble shootings.

Peter

TRENDING THREADS