I have an external mouse and I would like to disable the
touch pad and pointing stick mouse on my laptop, however
my laptop does not recognize the touchpad or pointing
stick as internal. They are fully functional but do not
appear on the Mouse properties, hardware device list. The
only thing recognized is a ps/2 mouse. I have tried
unplugging the external, rebooting and only using the
touchpad to try to trouble shoot this problem.
I was told to press fn and f5 or f6, both of which do
nothing- what else can I do??

Maximus

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2003

i did not say F5 or F6 specifically. I said it is one of those keys. what
you are looking for is a function key with a " rectangle and a hand pointing
at the rectangle. do you see that anywhere?