Bad Sector Repair

I have 368 KB in bad sectors

I've looked thru the postings in this group and elsewhere and it appears
that this MAY be fixed, but I've seen confusing suggestions

chkdsk/f
chkdsk /f
chkdsk /r
chkdsk/f/r
chkdsk c: /r

what's the difference?

with or w/out a space after chkdsk?
--
Barry
4 answers Last reply

    Follow this link for detailed description:

    http://www.ss64.com/nt/chkdsk.html

    Thanks

    --
    Barry

    "sgopus" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Follow this link for detailed description:
    >
    > http://www.ss64.com/nt/chkdsk.html

    HI,

    Just run chkdsk /? for help on options available for this command. you will
    get full description of all the options available.

    Harish.G

    On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:51:03 -0500, "Brynk" <Brynk@InDirectpc.com>

    >I have 368 KB in bad sectors

    Replace the HD.

    >I've looked thru the postings in this group and elsewhere and it appears
    >that this MAY be fixed, but I've seen confusing suggestions

    >chkdsk/f
    >chkdsk /f

    Auto-fixes file system logic errors

    >chkdsk /r

    Auto-fixes file system logic errors and tests for surface errors

    >chkdsk/f/r

    Redundant; /r implies /f

    >chkdsk c: /r

    Specifies C: as drive to operate on

    Don't do any of the above. Get your data off the sick HD and replace
    it - you cannot wish away a dying HD surface via these band-aids.

    Running Windows-based av to kill active malware is like striking
    a match to see if what you are standing in is water or petrol.

Chkdsk Hardware Microsoft Windows XP