A7N8X-E Deluxe CPU Diode (ASUS REPS)

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

By looking at other posts, I see that the A7N8X was able to read temps off
the CPU thermal diode. Does the A7N8X-E Deluxe have this ability? Mine
doesn't so far. If not, why did Asus take a step backwards for a flagship
board? I have a Barton core Athlon XP2500+ if that matters.

Chris

Chris wrote:
> By looking at other posts, I see that the A7N8X was able to read temps off
> the CPU thermal diode. Does the A7N8X-E Deluxe have this ability? Mine
> doesn't so far. If not, why did Asus take a step backwards for a flagship
> board? I have a Barton core Athlon XP2500+ if that matters.

It can... but they changed the sensor chip, so until somebody figures it
out, or lends an -E to the MBM5 dude, you're stuck without it.

I don't know if AIDA or some other monitoring program supports the -E.

Asus Probe cannot read the Diode temp on any A7N8X (it reads the socket).

Actually - looks like it's sorted:
http://mbm.livewiredev.com/comp/asus.html

Hmm, I'm not sure - I don't think there was ever a non deluxe -E and I think
they changeed the sensor chip on the deluxe -E, so I'm a bit dubious as to
the info on that page

nForcersHQ might be able to shed some light.

Ben

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

How do I select W83L785TS S Diode for the sensor? It's not one of my choices

Chris

Chris wrote:
> How do I select W83L785TS S Diode for the sensor? It's not one of my
> choices

As I said, I don't think that info is correct.

Ben