Install XP Pro in new harddrive after failure of old. ?

I'm going to install XP pro on a hard drive I'm not too
sure of. If it fails after install and activation, will I
be able to legally install it on a new hard drive in the
same computer,or will I have to contact MS and get some
kind of fix or permission. ?

You can always re-install the XP on the same PC. You can only successfully
activate it across the Internet twice (???) before the activation request
refuses. However, the telephone activation process is easy and works well.