Won't Recognize DV Camcorder

I have a RCA Digital Camcorder. I have installed a P4PE
MB along with the FireWire Board Accessory. I see it in the device manager
and it is installed properly. I have a Windows XP Pro Machine. When, I
insert the firewire cable into the camera, windows does not recognize it.
I'm confused. On my ABIT MB with a generic firewire board, it worked real
well. As a matter of fact, I installed it on the new board, and the
camcorder is not recognized. I went into the BIOS and changed the setting
to enable firewire, so that's not the problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks .... Frustrated in Baltimore

Paul

Splendid

In article <Pqqac.6714$BE3.5796@nwrddc03.gnilink.net>, "Moscoe Johnson,
Jr." <faithm@verizon.net> wrote:

> I have a RCA Digital Camcorder. I have installed a P4PE
> MB along with the FireWire Board Accessory. I see it in the device manager
> and it is installed properly. I have a Windows XP Pro Machine. When, I
> insert the firewire cable into the camera, windows does not recognize it.
> I'm confused. On my ABIT MB with a generic firewire board, it worked real
> well. As a matter of fact, I installed it on the new board, and the
> camcorder is not recognized. I went into the BIOS and changed the setting
> to enable firewire, so that's not the problem.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks .... Frustrated in Baltimore

I don't want to scare you, but you may want to check the camcorder
on someone elses system. If you took the generic firewire board
from the Abit and put it on the P4PE, that should have worked.
There have been instances of Firewire interfaces failing,
and there is at least one web site with some hypotheses as
to why it is happening.

Perhaps you could borrow a Firewire device from someone and
plug that into your generic card, to see whether that combo
can be made to work.

Does the generic card show up in the Device Manager ?

HTH,
Paul