Does FPS affect Rates - CS

Hi
I got my Rates in CS set to 20000,90,90 and it seems fine (no loss or choke)
I run at FPS 80

My question is..Does your FPS affect your rates. ie Bandwith or does it
only affect ure local (My PC)
Im not sure if the higher ure FPS then the more ure hogging the server and
stressing ure download/upload
Ta CSX

"CSX" <csx1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I got my Rates in CS set to 20000,90,90 and it seems fine (no loss or choke)
> I run at FPS 80
>
> My question is..Does your FPS affect your rates. ie Bandwith or does it only
> affect ure local (My PC)
> Im not sure if the higher ure FPS then the more ure hogging the server and
> stressing ure download/upload

fps is purely a local thing and has no affect on data sent or received.

CSX wrote:
> Hi
> I got my Rates in CS set to 20000,90,90 and it seems fine (no loss or
> choke) I run at FPS 80
>
> My question is..Does your FPS affect your rates. ie Bandwith or does
> it only affect ure local (My PC)
> Im not sure if the higher ure FPS then the more ure hogging the
> server and stressing ure download/upload
> Ta CSX

Unrelated.

FPS is the number of frames per second you video hardware and the software
(game) are generating.

Rates are the number of packets per second sent from the client to the
server (cl_cmdrate) and vice versa (cl_updaterate). See
http://groups.google.com.au/groups?q=netcode+101&hl=en&lr=&selm=MPG.17fa7e121120fa319897b7%40news-server.columbus.rr.com&rnum=1
for a full explanation. It relates specifically to pre-steam CS but is still
valid in terms of its definition.

--
damien clan .
@ mcbain com

there's no place like 127.0.0.1

I found this lot out

rates=the rate at which traffic is transferred between you and the server
FPS = Frames per second

Ideally, you want your rate configured to match your FPS (where possible) as
this will give you the most accurate reflection of your shots, and position
within the game.

Basically, the game does the following (although im sure that more
knowledgeable ppl will correct this!)
1) You fire
2) Your position is reported to the server (and the postition at which you
are aiming)
3) The server calculates whether you hit (taking into consideration a whole
raft of local and server settings, including lag compensation)
4) The server takes the appropriate action and reports it back to all
players

The thing to note here, is that the animations on your screen may not
accurately reflect the servers interpretation of events - e.g. you get shot
when you are behind a wall by an AWPer - as far as the server is concerned,
the shot made by the AWPer, was made while you were in the open, but the
inherent delay in online gaming gives you the impression that you were safe.
The server has calculated tyhat you were hit, but your pc has "guessed"
ahead, and provided tha animations that show you are safely behind a wall.
Once the server sends the instruction to the client that the hit was good,
you die. This helps explain some of those "But I was behind a wall ffs"
moments.

As long as your FPS and rate settings are in synch (eg your cl_updaterate
and cl_cmdrate are set to accurately reflect your Actual (average) FPS, you
should get a relatively accurate reflection in game, of what the server is
seeing, and acting upon.

basically Set FPS to ure cl_cmdrate

http://www.clan-uke.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=40

CSX

"CSX" <csx1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I got my Rates in CS set to 20000,90,90 and it seems fine (no loss or
> choke)
> I run at FPS 80
>
> My question is..Does your FPS affect your rates. ie Bandwith or does it
> only affect ure local (My PC)
> Im not sure if the higher ure FPS then the more ure hogging the server and
> stressing ure download/upload
> Ta CSX

well you can shoot through wall :p and still make hs

--
http://www.big-forum.com