DVD burner in XP

I have just updated my windows to xp professional and my
dvd burner has stopped working. Anyone know why? I have
up to date Nero 6.0!
3 answers Last reply
More about burner

    Paulo, you have to Update your Nero 6. 0 for WinXP. Go to Neros site
    and get the XP Drivers.
    "Paulo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have just updated my windows to xp professional and my
    > dvd burner has stopped working. Anyone know why? I have
    > up to date Nero 6.0!

    Just had the same problem with my Emprex DVD burner. Upgraded my
    motherboard from an ECS with an Athlon XP 2100+ to a SOYO SY-P4I865PE Plus
    with an Intel Prescott chip. My drives worked fine on the old system in dma
    mode, but will only work in the new system in PIO mode. Go into Device
    Manager>IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers>Secondary IDE Channel (if your dvd is on
    the secondary channel). Right click, go to Properties. Under the Advanced
    settings tab change the transfer mode to PIO.

    I moved my drives to my backup computer with my old motherboard and both
    drives register as using dma. And since the bios had the drives as dma and
    XP installed fine, I assume this is a problem between XP and the motherboard
    drivers. I have a ticket in with Soyo with no resolution yet.

    "Paulo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have just updated my windows to xp professional and my
    > dvd burner has stopped working. Anyone know why? I have
    > up to date Nero 6.0!

    You may not have to update to Nero 6 but you may have to un-install and
    re-install it. Windows XP Pro has a different filesystem than your old
    Windows.

    Also, Nero 5 seems to be the level of which XP is supported.

    Y.

    "Rich Barry" <rbarry@NOTsocal.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Paulo, you have to Update your Nero 6. 0 for WinXP. Go to Neros site
    > and get the XP Drivers.
    > "Paulo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I have just updated my windows to xp professional and my
    > > dvd burner has stopped working. Anyone know why? I have
    > > up to date Nero 6.0!

Hardware DVD Burner Microsoft Windows XP