A7V133 rev 1.05 + Athlon XP

What are the chances of this working? Asus officially states rev 1.05.
and not 1.05, but I guess there are people that have tried it with an
1.05 as well. Anyone having a positive or negative experience on this
please share it. I'm talking about Palomino XPs but observations with
thoroughbreds also welcome. The board's BIOS is already updated to the
latest beta.

Regards
Nikos

I had 1.05 and the Palomino worked fine in jumper-less mode.

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 19:57:37 +0300, Nikolaos Tampakis
<ntabakis@hotmail.com> wrote:

>What are the chances of this working? Asus officially states rev 1.05.
>and not 1.05, but I guess there are people that have tried it with an
>1.05 as well. Anyone having a positive or negative experience on this
>please share it. I'm talking about Palomino XPs but observations with
>thoroughbreds also welcome. The board's BIOS is already updated to the
>latest beta.
>
>Regards
>Nikos

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

"Nikolaos Tampakis" <ntabakis@hotmail.com> wrote :

> What are the chances of this working? Asus officially states rev 1.05.
> and not 1.05, but I guess there are people that have tried it with an
> 1.05 as well. Anyone having a positive or negative experience on this
> please share it. I'm talking about Palomino XPs but observations with
> thoroughbreds also welcome. The board's BIOS is already updated to the
> latest beta.

http://www.a7vtroubleshooting.com/info/cpu/index.htm

AJ

>What are the chances of this working? Asus officially states rev 1.05.
>and not 1.05, but I guess there are people that have tried it with an
>1.05 as well. Anyone having a positive or negative experience on this
>please share it. I'm talking about Palomino XPs but observations with
>thoroughbreds also welcome. The board's BIOS is already updated to the
>latest beta.
>
>Regards
>Nikos

Mine would not boot at all. Most won't but a few will.
_________________________
When your PC gives a little they give alot.
http://tinyurl.com/hhez

AJ wrote:

>>What are the chances of this working? Asus officially states rev 1.05.
>>and not 1.05, but I guess there are people that have tried it with an
>>1.05 as well. Anyone having a positive or negative experience on this
>>please share it. I'm talking about Palomino XPs but observations with
>>thoroughbreds also welcome. The board's BIOS is already updated to the
>>latest beta.
>>
>>Regards
>>Nikos
>

> Mine would not boot at all. Most won't but a few will.
> _________________________
> When your PC gives a little they give alot.
> http://tinyurl.com/hhez

Thanks to all for the feedback. According to the A7V site it is supposed
to work in jumpered mode, AJ says it didn't work for him, so I guess
there's some room for deviation. I'll have to try and test it before I
invest in a Palomino.

Regards
Nikos

Forgot to mention, make sure you get the latest BIOS *before* you try
your palamino. And if you do a google search, you will find most 1.05
will indeed work with Palamino core Athlons.