Computer Won't Boot from S-ATA Drive

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
March 31, 2004 1:54:04 PM

Hello,

I am not sure whether this problem is related to my motherboard, which
is an ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, but since I have run a bunch of diagnostics
on my hard drive and can see files there, I am thinking that it is.

I have as my only hard drive in my computer right now a S-ATA on
Primary IDE Channel 3. I have setup my bios to look to this disk
first when booting. However, when I try to boot from it, I get the
message that I need to use a bootable disk. I have tried transferring
the Win95 OS to the disk and running the Win2K setup program (the disk
is newly formatted). With the Win95 OS (format with transfer system
option), I got the error message. When I ran the Win2K install
program, it copied all the files, but when it got to the part I was to
reboot, I got the same message.

Is there another setting I need to configure?

Thanks!
March 31, 2004 6:54:14 PM

is the partition set to active?

!